Thetford cassette 403l trap door broken in Italy (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Nov 23, 2022
Funster No
MH
Mymer 560MLI
Any one knows of a way to temporary fix broken cassette trap door central disc locator lug that allows swing arm to catch disc that closes/opens port into cassette. We are in Italy on side of Vesuvius. Either repair with what, or find supplier local for full top mechanism or new cassette. Thanks

Nov 22, 2018
Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey 68-2
Exp
Since 2019
Any one knows of a way to temporary fix broken cassette trap door central disc locator lug that allows swing arm to catch disc that closes/opens port into cassette. We are in Italy on side of Vesuvius. Either repair with what, or find supplier local for full top mechanism or new cassette. Thanks
Can you post a picture showing exactly where and how it’s broken?

Apr 12, 2024
Cambridge, UK
Funster No
MH
LMC Liberty 652
Exp
Many Years
Oddly enough I was only thinking about this scenario yesterday as I was cleaning the motorhome for our up coming trip and it occurred to me that if something like your problem happened to me I would find a hardware store and look for a large rubber bung for a temporary fix. Maybe the end off of a sink plunger or something like that and just place it in the toilet as a cover.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M
Nov 23, 2022
Funster No
MH
Mymer 560MLI
There is a camper shop in Naples which is not too far away
La Boutique Del Campeggiatore - Mega Shop - Vendita ed Assistenza Camper
+39 081 775 2920

https://g.co/kgs/WFN8ZnA
Brilliant , sorted and new cassette installed. Not the same number but fits and fully functional. Once more Funsters have come to the rescue. MANY THANKS. Very relieved family!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back