Thetford C260 blade wont open

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Well this has ruined my evening.

Went to the loo and pulled the lever back and it wouldn't open. I noticed though that the lever only goes half way back also. I somehow got the cassette out (it didn't want to come out). Emptied it and tried to put it back in. It goes in but the blade is still shut and wont open inside the van. In the end all I could do was take the cassette out, remove the cover to the cassette, refit it and then manually slide the lever back inside the loo with my hands. :( So now the empty cassette is in and the blade is open but permanently. Obviously this is not ideal as even with the toilet lid down its going to smell but at least we can use it. Its pitch black so that will have to do until the morning but I'm hoping someone will have some pointers as to what we need to do to fix it.

There is definitely something wrong with the lever though as it only goes half way back and forward.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
One if two things:

The quadrant with gear teeth on it that locates on the orange knob has moved out of position. Held in with one screw just need to unscrew it and relocate it correctly. Happened to me last week & my van is only 4 months old.

The other thing that may have happened is on the cassette mechanism the pillars that the screws go into that hold the blade mechanism in place, one or more may have sheared off, can be glued back on with Epoxy like araldite.

OP
OP
barryd
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
One if two things:

The quadrant with gear teeth on it that locates on the orange knob has moved out of position. Held in with one screw just need to unscrew it and relocate it correctly. Happened to me last week & my van is only 4 months old.

The other thing that may have happened is on the cassette mechanism the pillars that the screws go into that hold the blade mechanism in place, one or more may have sheared off, can be glued back on with Epoxy like araldite.

Hopefully its the former. I found this video which concurs with what you suggest and lots of people in the comments say it solved the issue for them.

Will have a delve tomorrow (Urggh! :D )

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back