Thetford 3000 Fridge Fault (1 Viewer)

Apr 2, 2022
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Frontier
Hi all from Sunny Morocco, mt Thetford 3000 fridge freezer has developed a fault , it will not switch to the vehicle battery mode when driving, it works fine on electric hook up and on gas but will not work on the road.. I have also noticed that the fuses in the floor behind the drivers seat get very warm when I have tried to use it ..

Has anyone else had this problem and what rectified the issue please

John

Mar 9, 2019
Scotland
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Dakota ’14
Exp
Well known issue with the EM40 box behind the drivers seat. Check the connections on it and you will probably find them burnt.
the conclusion is that the connections are not suitable for the current tasked by the fridge when running on 12v.

OP
OP
John and Mel
Apr 2, 2022
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Frontier
Well known issue with the EM40 box behind the drivers seat. Check the connections on it and you will probably find them burnt.
the conclusion is that the connections are not suitable for the current tasked by the fridge when running on 12v.
Thanks for the reply, do you know what the solution is ??

Mar 9, 2019
Scotland
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Dakota ’14
Exp
There are a number of threads on here about it. Just type EM40 into the Search.
I resolved mine by requiring the fridge direct to the battery and bypassing the EM40, (all properly fused etc)
Sargent have brought out the EM41 as a replacement and Apuljack have a redesigned replacement you can buy.
It’s just annoying that AutoTrail or Sargent won’t accept there is an issue with EM40.

Feb 19, 2020
North Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670SC
Exp
Have a read at post 16. Very common problem on Thetford 3000 and 4000 series.
[/QUOTE]

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 19, 2020
North Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670SC
Exp
Have a read at post 16. Very common problem on Thetford 3000 and 4000 series.
[/QUOTE]
There's a new upgraded power PCB. I got a replacement from Thetford despite being out with the 3 year warranty. They are well aware of the problem.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back