The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Totally fed up with this now . Get to Horndean, 45 minute drive and he takes one look and says that's massive it won't fit on our ramp, we tried it but nope it doesn't fit.

They've tried phoning several places and got same response I did

So I'm stumped .. no one seems to do it on the ground anymore and no one has ramps big enough

So I'm out of ideas now
As you only want the front wheels done, why does it need a ramp?

Surely all you need is a pit?

Some Council workshops used to do outside work, give them a try if your not going to Littlehampton? 🤔

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Tam Northernraider , you remember when you were here and me and that other lad said I bet this firm would do it , just down the road from us.
Well just as an exercise and information, I know you are not coming back up here now but just give this garage a ring and see what he says, I might be totally wrong but worth a try.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
I think, most HGV workshops are very busy and Tam's job is very low on the importance scale because there will be very little profit and, possibly a lot of hassle with a vehicle they're not used to working on.
Sorry Tam! 🤔

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
As you are at Horndean give Southdown Motorhomes in Portsmouth a ring they won't do it but should be able to tell you who can they used to sell Concorde.

Even better give Andy Bottle a ring (Magic Motorhome man) he used to work at Southdown a very helpful guy.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
As you are at Horndean give Southdown Motorhomes in Portsmouth a ring they won't do it but should be able to tell you who can they used to sell Concorde.

Even better give Andy Bottle a ring (Magic Motorhome man) he used to work at Southdown a very helpful guy.

Tried Southdowns they claim they send everything to adams morlay, adams morlay say Horndean tyres ,Horndean tyres phoned several other places and nk one can do it. I'm now in Littlehampton just tried another 3 garages here .. one told me to bring it to let them see it and it won't fit in there either.

Absolute pain in the ass

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
I just googled "mobile commercial wheel alignment" quite a lot of results from that
I'm waiting to hear back from one of those steertrack

Back in lancing now squatting on uncle Lenny HB drive.

I'm losing the will to live now with this van and garages.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Get back to Just smiffy for his calming influence 😊😊
Maybe you could get it sorted in EU land, they maybe more down to earth and not so fixed on 4 wheel lazer tracking.
Even 2 wheel they need it on a ramp as they all have this expensive laser nonsense now.

It's a joke. The tyres will be worn out before it gets done at this rate AND there's no guarantee that's even what's wrong with it.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Fits on uncle Lenny HB drive OK though .. see its no that big
20241023_122222.jpg
20241023_122227.jpg
20241023_122237.jpg

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
Not sure if this will work, trying to link to a YouTube video I watched the other day where they did a bit for DIY wheel alignment.
It's about 30 mins in

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Let's see what Lenny HB little one looks like next to it.
He's not home till next week . But I'm sure his will look a tiddler next to this . Dave across the roads van is similar size and it looks like a toad 🤣🤣

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Can you see now why I go to Germany to get things done😀
Aye unfortunately it's out my way for my next trip and France isn't great for getting things done either.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
Since 2005
He's not home till next week . But I'm sure his will look a tiddler next to this . Dave across the roads van is similar size and it looks like a toad 🤣🤣
Enough of this chit chat, shouldn't you be getting on with earning your keep and doing the lawn for Uncle Lenny's arrival home? Bluddy youngsters, these days :rolleyes: :unsure: :censored: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
How about this - but it is west Sussex, for buses and coaches
Sorry I never saw this post earlier too many notifications and it doesn't show me them all. I've just phoned them and tell spoke to a guy Neil who said they have old style guages there and a pit. He said they could try it and see he is willing to have a look at it on Thursday or Friday. Still waiting on a reply from this mobile guy but if he don't get back to me today I might have a drive up to Pulborough tomorrow

So that might work out

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Still not heard from the mobile guy which means he's either very busy or not really interested. Phoned the guy back at that bus place above and said about going up tomorrow but he'd rather I go Friday. Typically I have an appointment slap bang in the middle of the day on Friday but he said to go up after that so I'll give that a go unless the mobile guy gets back to me before then.

Lovely and sunny here on Lenny's drive don't know why he went to Spain lol.

Going to have a pensioners fish n chips from his takeaway tonight .

Been in trying to tidy up my garage again . Got a load of fridge parts here from my old fridge I need to put on classifieds and the old battery charger. Might sell this 2nd spare tyre too as I doubt I'll ever need 2 and its just taking up space.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Sorry I never saw this post earlier too many notifications and it doesn't show me them all. I've just phoned them and tell spoke to a guy Neil who said they have old style guages there and a pit. He said they could try it and see he is willing to have a look at it on Thursday or Friday. Still waiting on a reply from this mobile guy but if he don't get back to me today I might have a drive up to Pulborough tomorrow

So that might work out
🤞

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back