The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
It sounds like they have dislodged a pad wear cable and touching the chassis. Sounds like they don’t understand how things work, they just want to change random parts until it works again.
Aye I suspect that's the case as I had all 4 wires tied up as the clips were broken but no warning light on . It now has to be touching something to put the light on . I'll sort it myself.

It seems the way these days though to just change parts . Had a nipple broke today they'd have wanted to fit a full new caliper. Madness.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
My mechanic that I used years back had a machine that used to screw onto the brake reservoir tank, it was like a header tank that you keep topping up. Compressed air is then connected to it to force the new brake fluid out of the bleed nipples. He used to start at the furthest wheel open the nipple until new clear fluid came out, then do the same all arround the vehicle. Simple system really but saves all that clutch pedal pushing and holding down that I remember doing with my girlfriends many years back.
"Push it down love, hold it!....now let it up, and repeat, and repeat" then stop for a fag, all done(y).
LES

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
One day in Cornwall I was walking the dogs and this fella with no prior hi or morning whatever just points at us and says " English pointer" ...I never knew who or what he was on about. He meant blu

I said no ...Greek pest

The other day in Malmesbury someone asked again was blu an English pointer... dave n marsha got the breed up on Google but I didn't think much reassemblance, and the dopey dave the mechanic yesterday also asked if she was a pointer.

I was googling this morning and I did find a couple of pics that look similar.

Apparently a very energetic and fun loving breed. That does fit her lol she's also a big soft mutt

So what dya think ? What's the chances of an English pointer in the peloponnese lol

Screenshot_20241016_082810_Google.jpg

20240804_125612.jpg
20240804_124405.jpg
Screenshot_20240418_142503_Gallery.jpg

IMG-20240316-WA0001.jpg

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Personally I’d be checking that all 4 bleed nipples have been undone. Funny how there’s no charge for fluid- Probably built into the labour charge -

Certainly looks English pointer is in Blus DNA to me and Lisa - You must have shit in your eyes from crawling under the van

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
Similar but not for me. My middle dog had an English pointer 'girlfriend' and the couple always had/have English pointers. They are very elegant dogs and walk like show horses 😂 She used to nick his ball off him and dare him to try and get it back,he never tried too hard as she was ferocious, yet he would have had to be muzzled if we set foot in Ireland!

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
Exp
Since 1977
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
We are now in Eckington Bridge, a little picnic spot by the canal . About 4 miles from Pershore.

Had a lovely drive up only spoiled by the torrential rain.

A few things I'm noticing with this van.

I don't think the gearbox is standard iveco daily...I've had mk3 daily panel vans before and the boxes weren't as smooth as this... this motorhome for all its weight will happily plod along at 20mph in 5th gear and doesn't complain, it sits in 6th at 30mph , with moby I'd have been in 3rd at 20 and 4th at 30 or it would have been juddering .

Also the acceleration. Moby was mechanical which meant the pedal was quite soft and when it showed resistance it was as far as it went .. this van is obviously fly by wire so it feels firm all the time .. if you push past the firmness it actually goes faster lol. I think sometimes I'm resting my foot on the throttle instead of pressing it. It goes well , still needs remap for steep inclines but otherwise for a big heavy van and only 2.8cc it's definitely better than all the fiat 2.8jtd vans I've had.

Thirdly and this is the weird one .. on the drive up here 1 hour 50 minutes, my b2b doesn't seem to have worked . I left brecon and my battery was 292ah ... got here and its only 301ah

But if I fire up the van it's working and putting in only 16amps at present.

I would have expected the battery to be full and 306.5ah where it usually gets to .

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC.
Exp
Since 2017
for a big heavy van and only 2.8cc it's definitely better than all the fiat 2.8jtd vans I've had.
Perhaps it already had a remap sometime in the past.
Is there anyway to know?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We were almost adopted by an English Pointer. She was running loose on the road and causing chaos but came to me when I called her. She was lovely, obviously very frightened but once cuddled and reassured settled down on the back seat of the car. We took her to the police station and they put her in the pound whilst I completed the paperwork.

She howled so much that she was soon in the police office being ruined. I said if she wasn't claimed I would foster her rather than have her taken to the rescue centre.

When I got home I phoned the local radio station as they always put out messages about lost animals. Anyway she was claimed. The owners phoned me to thank me and to say she was a young dog (I knew that) and only part trained. She'd slipped her collar and taken off after a deer some 3 miles from where I found her.

She was like Blu in face and body shape but her colour was a soft grey all over. Lovely dog.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Perhaps it already had a remap sometime in the past.
Is there anyway to know?
I wouldn't have thought it has . I think it's just noticeable the extra bhp between the iveco and the fiat. And rwd too

I'm sure if it has had celtic tuning will be able to tell when they plug it in

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
I wouldn't have thought it has . I think it's just noticeable the extra bhp between the iveco and the fiat. And rwd too

I'm sure if it has had celtic tuning will be able to tell when they plug it in
That’s because the 2.8 on the big vans was 145hp and on the smaller vans 128hp.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Right from Friday to possibly Sunday I'm going to be around the cannock chase area . CazPaul wants a couple of the shelves from the old fridge that was in Doc , unfortunately I'm not going as far up country as he is so is there anyone around that area or will be passing going north that could take them further north for him ? When I leave cannock I'll be heading east but not sure to where yet

They're not big or heavy.

Also anyone any tips where I can get some water . I'm down at 40% now , I reckon I've about 5 days worth left 😁

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
Also anyone any tips where I can get some water . I'm down at 40% now , I reckon I've about 5 days worth left 😁
Any graveyard will always have a water tap
💧 🚰

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back