The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Fir feck sake

Why is it always me

So they have it in now , I'm out with dogs , the guy just phoned said they're ready to change the fluid but my bleed nipples are rusty . If they snap it would need calipers ( well come back to thst ) and the van would be undriveable and that I couldn't stay in the garage of that happened. I get the impression they don't want to do this job. So I Said to him I have no choice really as brakes are shit. So now I'm worried they snap the nipples and I'll be stuck .

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Back at garage noo. I spoke slowly when I spoke to him telling him I was in the van with the dogs and as soon as he's ready to do it I'll take them out for a walk . Just so there's no confusion lol

Bloody raining again though...typical . Forecast said not raining till this evening, rest of week down here looks bleak to be honest . I'm looking forward to Spain

It even rained here (dry Murcia) last night 😂

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Any decent garage would get snapped nipples out with extractors!
Aye I know . I've walked back to the garage now and they're nowhere near the van . I'm certain they just don't want the job but it's half one now I'm buggered if I know what to do.

Personally when I cleaned up the calipers they weren't bad at all , if I was doing it I'd spray the threads with wd40 and go easy on the nipples. If really tight and not wanting to budge then I'd leave them and I can get it done elsewhere where I can stay in the yard while it's sorted.

I'm starting to wish I'd gone to the other place.

The guy in reception here really isn't the best I've met.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Just had a look and they appear to be less than £100 a wheel but don't know your model.
You would be right then. 👍
I could probably get calipers at that price Charlie but I guarantee the garage would quote far higher. And it depends if in stock etc . Calipers didn't look too bad before , bit surface rust but that's normal on an older van.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
Yes I'll bet the retarder helps on the mountain declines. There was one on the vario .

It's scary when the pedal goes flat to the floor in a 6 tonne van lol . Don't think the handbrake would do much either .
Was the vario not air brakes?

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
I have to say I don't rate this garage at all , just been speaking to the mechanic and he's giving me all the bullshit lol. Asked what it was doing and I said brakes fade on long steep declines the rest of the time they're fine ...not sports car standard but usual on a big van . He's banging on about changing discs and calipers etc etc etc lol.

The bit I laugh it as every mechanic I know they don't replace parts just fir the sake of it bit when someone else is paying the bill then it's oh aye replace everything

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
LMC premium I650G
Exp
35y tugging + 2 in Motorhome
I have to say I don't rate this garage at all , just been speaking to the mechanic and he's giving me all the bullshit lol. Asked what it was doing and I said brakes fade on long steep declines the rest of the time they're fine ...not sports car standard but usual on a big van . He's banging on about changing discs and calipers etc etc etc lol.

The bit I laugh it as every mechanic I know they don't replace parts just fir the sake of it bit when someone else is paying the bill then it's oh aye replace everything
This could explain why every other garage was busy and their not🤔😆

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Geist Phantom
Exp
MoHo since March 2018.
Is it too late to pull out and go to the other place that could do it?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We are going for a ride on a proper Iveco, ideal for a conversion not sure if Milo would get up the steps.

IMG_20241015_144632_copy_1111x807.jpg

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
This could explain why every other garage was busy and their not🤔😆
Aye and had they looked at it first thing this morning rather than leave it till this time it wouldn't be so bad but typical

He's under hitting something with a hammer just now .

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
That no sound good, hope you have a hammer to hit him when he breaks something.
Aye . I'm hoping he doesn't break anything lol.

If he does they won't get the work. I'll have breakdown recover me to the other garage in pontyclun I can stay in the van in their yard.

See I'd have taken wheels off to bleed brakes so I'd get a socket on the nipple easy . They do it with wheels on so probably trying to get a spanner on it.

I didn't think they'd started when I came back but there's a machine at the front I'm assuming they've sucked the fluid out of it already

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Swift Suntor 590RL
Aye and had they looked at it first thing this morning rather than leave it till this time it wouldn't be so bad but typical

He's under hitting something with a hammer just now .
I dont think they want to work on motorhomes.
I contacted that garage when I first got my motorhome as I wanted a job done.
My motorhome is only 6m and 3,400kgs and they said it was to big and heavy for them.
I knew that wasn't true as I'd seen bigger vehicles in there.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
I dont think they want to work on motorhomes.
I contacted that garage when I first got my motorhome as I wanted a job done.
My motorhome is only 6m and 3,400kgs and they said it was to big and heavy for them.
I knew that wasn't true as I'd seen bigger vehicles in there.
Aye most of the vehicles in here are fleet vehicles and only a few years old. They'll be used to just phoning customer and saying it needs new bits and they'll be told just to fit them . So anything that involves being a mechanic they wriggle out of it seems. It seems the way everywhere now . Good mechanics are hard to find.

Looks like they're pumping fluid in to it now so hopefully they've got all the nipples freed off

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back