The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
s
Exp
Since 2007
Yes I was eyeing up castle coch ...it looks good on Google. Not sure I'll have time though as heading to brecon tomorrow after brakes are done
It’s just about an hour to Brecon , but there are several stops you may be tempted to make for a view or a walk on the way.

But Castell Coch is def worth half an hour of your time.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
You may not be aware that Tam changes his accent daily (or attempts to). Don't know if he's going with a Manchester accent after watching Corrie, or singing with a Valleys tenor when he meets me tomorrow. I'll let you know :unsure:
Why wouldn’t he change his accent every day , that’s to go with changing his mind every day 😊

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
I’ve had four Daily s , it’s a common problem, loads of posts on the Iveco Daily forums.
Not sure what your talking about , need to keep up Martin , god this thread moves so fast

1728973157056.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Not sure what your talking about , need to keep up Martin , god this thread moves so fast

View attachment 965319
🤷‍♂️

Me too. This is our first Iveco Daily, so not sure what the common problem is. :(

Cheers,

Jock. :)
He's talking about brake fade

As I said in my first post when I mentioned it
" I'm not sure if it's an iveco problem"

The reason I said that is when I had the issue with mobys brakes I read lots of posts on the iveco forums with similar problems.

Basically iveco dailys do have brake issues more than other brands, so while it may just need the brake fluid changing it might not be as simple as that.

But it's a good place to start

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
I’ve had four Daily s , it’s a common problem, loads of posts on the Iveco Daily forums.
I've had 4 too. 😁 2 x mk3 vans , 1 x mk2 motorhome and this mk3 motorhome.
Never had brake issues with the 2 vans , just the motorhomes.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Why wouldn’t he change his accent every day , that’s to go with changing his mind every day 😊
I don't change my mind .

What I do is consider various options.

Once I make my mind up then I tend to stick with it 😁
And sometimes when folk make daft suggestions I just agree with them to save the hassle. Then i do my own thing in the end 😁

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Back at garage noo. I spoke slowly when I spoke to him telling him I was in the van with the dogs and as soon as he's ready to do it I'll take them out for a walk . Just so there's no confusion lol

Bloody raining again though...typical . Forecast said not raining till this evening, rest of week down here looks bleak to be honest . I'm looking forward to Spain

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Ever been to Llanthoney abbey ? Fab u lous , don’t go over hay bluf from hay on Wye but go around approaching it from Crickhowell direction with big MH👍
Not sure that road is suitable for anything bigger than a transit. We took our MG midget to Llanthony and it was just the right size 🙂

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Swift Suntor 590RL
Back at garage noo. I spoke slowly when I spoke to him telling him I was in the van with the dogs and as soon as he's ready to do it I'll take them out for a walk . Just so there's no confusion lol

Bloody raining again though...typical . Forecast said not raining till this evening, rest of week down here looks bleak to be honest . I'm looking forward to Spain
Welcome to sunny Wales lol

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
After agreeing a price with premium motorhomes for my motorhome as a trade in I'm getting brake warning lights and a fluid level warning lights, typical it could have lasted a few more weeks. It's probably just sensors.
Off to the garage tomorrow.
Bloody ivecos are so sensitive especially the newer ones, mind the new one is going to be an iveco as well.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
After agreeing a price with premium motorhomes for my motorhome as a trade in I'm getting brake warning lights and a fluid level warning lights, typical it could have lasted a few more weeks. It's probably just sensors.
Off to the garage tomorrow.
Bloody ivecos are so sensitive especially the newer ones, mind the new one is going to be an iveco as well.
Yeah the beauty with moby was it didn't have any sensors...or very few anyway. The newer the vehicle the more it has and often its the sensor itself that goes faulty and causes issues. And often so many you can't pinpoint which one it is.

The fiat's are not much better though , loads of sensors on them too.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
He's talking about brake fade

As I said in my first post when I mentioned it
" I'm not sure if it's an iveco problem"

The reason I said that is when I had the issue with mobys brakes I read lots of posts on the iveco forums with similar problems.

Basically iveco dailys do have brake issues more than other brands, so while it may just need the brake fluid changing it might not be as simple as that.

But it's a good place to start
Thanks Tam. :)

Like you, I've (thankfully) not experienced brake fade in the few years of ownership. (y)

Cheers,

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Thanks Tam. :)

Like you, I've (thankfully) not experienced brake fade in the few years of ownership. (y)

Cheers,

I had it on moby and I've got it on this one too. Hopefully it is just the fluid being old.

But I was discussing this with Just smiffy the other day . Neither of us have ever made a point of having brake fluid changed in our vehicles, I've never done it as far as I recall. I've bled them for sure but never completely replaced it. And the price of cars etc I've always ran I can't see them having had it done by previous owners either.

Google now advises a change every 2 years lol.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Not sure that road is suitable for anything bigger than a transit. We took our MG midget to Llanthony and it was just the right size 🙂
The park4night reviews say struggle in anything bigger than vw camper size so I'll give that a miss. I won't have time anyway .

I need to be in Pershore tomorrow night to get my remap done Thursday morning, then I've a brief stop in Birmingham Thursday afternoon and on to cannock for the night , deliver scooter carrier on Friday.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato pvc self
Exp
Since 2017
I have a Citroen Berlingo in Spain. Had it for more than 10 years. It failed it's itv(mot)
as brakes out of balance. Fitted new wheel cylinder as slight weep. On bleeding fluid looked like brand new.
How is moisture supposed to get in without fluid leaking out?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I have a Citroen Berlingo in Spain. Had it for more than 10 years. It failed it's itv(mot)
as brakes out of balance. Fitted new wheel cylinder as slight weep. On bleeding fluid looked like brand new.
How is moisture supposed to get in without fluid leaking out?
That's always puzzled me.

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back