The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Strikes me, if you’re living on soup & crackers, you need an air fryer asap to get some proper food in you!
I don't lol.

I like soup and crackers . I very very rarely eat meat these days .

Hence my reluctance to buy a load of stuff I'll never or very rarely use.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Swift Suntor 590RL
When Tam bought Renogy B2B & inverter for Moby I said to him they can be a problem if things go wrong and quite a few reports of failures but it's so cheap you can afford to throw it away.

He is living in this van full time with no home base I would have thought he would want to fit decent stuff but he prefers crap.
Yes for full time I would go for Victron or Sunshine solar myself.
I've had a cheap inverter fail when only drawing 60 watts from it and only just over a year old and lightly used.
After my own experience with dealing with Renogy I would never touch their stuff again.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
When Tam bought Renogy B2B & inverter for Moby I said to him they can be a problem if things go wrong and quite a few reports of failures but it's so cheap you can afford to throw it away.

He is living in this van full time with no home base I would have thought he would want to fit decent stuff but he prefers crap.
No

I don't REALLY want to fit any of it, I can and do manage well without it.

The reason I would buy the cheap one is because I very rarely would use it.

So why spend thousands of pounds fitting a load of stuff in the van that I don't really need🤷‍♂️

I fitted a 240v charger £170 , a 1000watt inverter £129 etc in moby and didn't use them .

I manage fine on what I have now, I occasionally fancy a pizza from the supermarket , I like my croissant warm and I like to oven bake fish.

So back to my original statement lol . I think I'll remove the microwave and fit a smev gas oven in the space next year.

The 300 watt inverter I have now will apparently run a slow cooker should I decide to buy one of those, which would make dinner while I drove I guess which could be handy.

But the rest of the stuff I can and do manage perfectly well without it.

Not a case of being tight ....its a case of fitting what I need and leaving what I don't.

You've spent 5k on electrics, carry a load of extra cooking equipment in a smaller van etc . If that's your thing that's cool but I dinnae do the Same as you uncle lenny

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Anyway get this ...the feckin eedjit from the garage just came out and said

" were just locking up..so what's happening are you leaving this with us "

I said eh? I spoke to you on phone this morning and said as getting to you at 8am would be difficult as no where nearby to park could I park in your yard overnight and you said yes just get there before 4pm when we close gates ....that's why I'm here .

He says

" you can't stay in the compound overnight I thought you were leaving it with us"

I said no , I told you I'm here on holiday so I obviously live in this and I've 4 dogs, if I left it with you I've nowhere to sleep 😏 . So if I can't stay here I will have to go find somewhere I can park up overnight and I will return in the morning... but once again I can't leave the van with you so I will have to stay in the van with the dogs and then when you are ready to actually do the job I'll take the dogs for a walk . You shouldn't be much more than an hour or so.

Jeeso thick or feckin what .

So I'm now parked up a few miles away on a wee road at the entrance to another garage. I'm hoping no one has an issue as there are few and far parking options around here.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Our slow cooker is only 140w
My little one is 90w. Only the two of us so the Argos Cookworks slow cooker works for us.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
You've spent 5k on electrics, carry a load of extra cooking equipment in a smaller van etc . If that's your thing that's cool but I dinnae do the Same as you uncle lenny
I didn't spend anything like that.
I never suggested you spent thousands I was suggesting that as you are full timing in this van that it would be worth spending 200 - 300 extra on more reliable equipment.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
I didn't spend anything like that.
I never suggested you spent thousands I was suggesting that as you are full timing in this van that it would be worth spending 200 - 300 extra on more reliable equipment.
How much did you put into the new palace Lenny HB
Adding all those little extras lol, without obviously having to pay for someone to fit it all for you like us normal mortals lol

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
How much did you put into the new palace Lenny HB
Adding all those little extras lol, without obviously having to pay for someone to fit it all for you like us normal mortals lol
It was under 3k, just.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
What’s the full auto, and what’s the sprint shift?? How do you tell the difference?

Sprint
1728925220396.jpeg

Full auto
1728925313986.jpeg

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
7 year MOT gap so not as long as yours?
Looks a nice van though.

I ain't buying it but had I not bought this and that had came up it would have been a contender as it also ticked all my boxes

Think it's a steal at the price it's at.

Nice reg no too

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Yes for full time I would go for Victron or Sunshine solar myself.
I've had a cheap inverter fail when only drawing 60 watts from it and only just over a year old and lightly used.
After my own experience with dealing with Renogy I would never touch their stuff again.
I've been fulltime 7 years in every van I've owned. I know I used to park up at my mums throughout summer but I was still fulltime in the van and the vans were self sufficient . I very rarely had them hooked up unless I was needing power for tools etc .

I've no base now for sure but not much else has changed.

Ideally I want this generator sorted as that will give me the back up I need should I ever require it. But I'm not looking to run a load of electrical gadgets just for the sake of it. I've bought adapters and chargers for everything I own that runs off 12 volt bar my handheld hoover and my cordless drill charger.

There's folk living fulltime In old transits with a mattress in back lol. I'm already in luxury . I'm not going without anything 😁

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Anyway get this ...the feckin eedjit from the garage just came out and said

" were just locking up..so what's happening are you leaving this with us "

I said eh? I spoke to you on phone this morning and said as getting to you at 8am would be difficult as no where nearby to park could I park in your yard overnight and you said yes just get there before 4pm when we close gates ....that's why I'm here .

He says

" you can't stay in the compound overnight I thought you were leaving it with us"

I said no , I told you I'm here on holiday so I obviously live in this and I've 4 dogs, if I left it with you I've nowhere to sleep 😏 . So if I can't stay here I will have to go find somewhere I can park up overnight and I will return in the morning... but once again I can't leave the van with you so I will have to stay in the van with the dogs and then when you are ready to actually do the job I'll take the dogs for a walk . You shouldn't be much more than an hour or so.

Jeeso thick or feckin what .

So I'm now parked up a few miles away on a wee road at the entrance to another garage. I'm hoping no one has an issue as there are few and far parking options around here.
The number of people living in vans is a minute % of the population and as Motorhomers we have a much better understanding that this goes on.

There must be loads of people who have no idea how you live so it’s hardly surprising the reaction of the garage. They don’t know you from Adam apart from booking a small job for them to do. I dare say their insurance would be invalid if they had let you stay.

I can only imagine there was a misunderstanding between you both earlier.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
The number of people living in vans is a minute % of the population and as Motorhomers we have a much better understanding that this goes on.

There must be loads of people who have no idea how you live so it’s hardly surprising the reaction of the garage. They don’t know you from Adam apart from booking a small job for them to do. I dare say their insurance would be invalid if they had let you stay.

I can only imagine there was a misunderstanding between you both earlier.
Fulltime is irrelevant. When I spoke to him on Friday I told him I was down here on holiday.

This morning I explained it would be difficult to get it to him at 8am as nowhere nearby to park overnight.

Couldn't have been clearer really.

Where did he think I was going to stay overnight if I left the van with him . And why would I leave it with him today if he can't do the job till tomorrow

It makes no sense whatsoever lol.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Surely by now you must have realised that some people don't listen when you tell them things that have no consequences to them.
Selective hearing my wife tells me.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Fulltime is irrelevant. When I spoke to him on Friday I told him I was down here on holiday.

This morning I explained it would be difficult to get it to him at 8am as nowhere nearby to park overnight.

Couldn't have been clearer really.

Where did he think I was going to stay overnight if I left the van with him . And why would I leave it with him today if he can't do the job till tomorrow

It makes no sense whatsoever lol.
Tam why do you get so wound up about things , you have found somewhere so what's the problem.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Tam why do you get so wound up about things , you have found somewhere so what's the problem.
Is that part of traveling as a solo? With a companion you can turn to each other and say "plonker" or similar. As a solo you tend to dwell more on things.

I've noticed with a few single friends that they tend to overthink things.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back