The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road. (82 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Dodgy Internet

So we took it a really good drive..I thought driving out the street that it seemed smoother and a but more perky than it was but because I've not driven it much it was really hard to tell ,especially round these narrow cornish roads and there's bleeding roadworks everywhere

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
OK I can't wind you all up anymore.

Blame garry lol its his doing.

So anyway the long and short of it is the van now drives great , no sign of the light, can even accelerate in 4th gear going up hills ...its very smooth very quiet and given its size its quite responsive. Certainly a lot better at hill climbing than previous vans .. Still wouldn't win prizes on take off from junctions etc but it goes well . Had it sat on cruise control for a while too and runs well.

So it seems one of the things we did yesterday has sorted it.

It could have been a number of things, hole in turbo hose. Loose clamp on turbo hose , sticky wastegate ... Just smiffy thinks it was the waste gate ...I can't tell as it wasn't me who did it.

But whatever it was seeks to be sorted.

So that's another thing off the list , I was fairly confident the red light was something simple but always have that niggling worry that it isn't and that it would be something more serious

So I'm relieved its sorted.

I still have a little vibration from front lhs and it does feel like it pulls to left occasionally. And steering wheel is out of line so I may have flat spot on tyre or wheel alignment may be slightly out or something but not that serious so will check that out later

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
We are fortunate that our hob has a split cover so we can open the bit over a single burner on its own leaving the 2 burner cover down. One of the benefits of not having the newer Carthago. šŸ˜„

We never wait, the glass is heatproof so as long as the burner is off we can put the cover down immediately afterwards.
Thereā€™s no way in hell Iā€™d trust having any of the glass lids down whilst using a ringšŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤”

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Great news Tam, now we can all have a peaceful & relaxing weekend!!!! šŸ¤žšŸ¤žšŸ¤žšŸ¤ž. Well until the next drama takes of, then it will be edge of seat time again!!!! šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Well we are driving up to wales tomorrow as I've someone coming to see moby

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
OK I can't wind you all up anymore.

Blame garry lol its his doing.

So anyway the long and short of it is the van now drives great , no sign of the light, can even accelerate in 4th gear going up hills ...its very smooth very quiet and given its size its quite responsive. Certainly a lot better at hill climbing than previous vans .. Still wouldn't win prizes on take off from junctions etc but it goes well . Had it sat on cruise control for a while too and runs well.

So it seems one of the things we did yesterday has sorted it.

It could have been a number of things, hole in turbo hose. Loose clamp on turbo hose , sticky wastegate ... Just smiffy thinks it was the waste gate ...I can't tell as it wasn't me who did it.

But whatever it was seeks to be sorted.

So that's another thing off the list , I was fairly confident the red light was something simple but always have that niggling worry that it isn't and that it would be something more serious

So I'm relieved its sorted.

I still have a little vibration from front lhs and it does feel like it pulls to left occasionally. And steering wheel is out of line so I may have flat spot on tyre or wheel alignment may be slightly out or something but not that serious so will check that out later
Great news tam, my moneys on the hose, although the wastegate wouldnā€™t do you any favours either, glad itā€™s running betteršŸ‘ŒšŸ¼šŸ‘šŸ‘

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Thereā€™s no way in hell Iā€™d trust having any of the glass lids down whilst using a ringšŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤”
So long as you don't use a pan bigger than the recommended size its fine, we've used it like that since we bought it ... why else do you think it's got a split lid?

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Great news tam, my moneys on the hose, although the wastegate wouldnā€™t do you any favours either, glad itā€™s running betteršŸ‘ŒšŸ¼šŸ‘šŸ‘

Nah, it was the blocked Air and fuel Filter, just as I predicted!
Why do people always think it's something complicated? šŸ˜„

Aug 12, 2021
Nantwitch Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
Iā€™m so pleased youā€™ve sorted that and good luck for the sale.The steering could need tracking thatā€™s a common thing with steering wheel not quite straight,every job brings you closer to perfection.šŸ‘

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Iā€™ve had a cooker top shatter before, not Carthago!
Iā€™ve also had a glass sink top shatter also!!
I hate glass topsšŸ˜šŸ˜
Do what I do, replace them with wood to make a chopping surface!
Still have to be careful lowering them onto hot rings though but what else is new? šŸ˜„

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I didn't realise you had people interested in Moby ... did I miss your posting about it?

May 5, 2015
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
6 hours sounds like a few traffic jams, we all go the same speed in traffic jams, but you might learn invaluable things about Doc!

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I didn't realise you had people interested in Moby ... did I miss your posting about it?
Had a few interested but most are timewasters.

This is the guy who put the offer through ebay last week that's viewing it tomorrow as his wife didn't want to pay deposit before viewing

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
6 hours sounds like a few traffic jams, we all go the same speed in traffic jams, but you might learn invaluable things about Doc!
Can't park it near Jackie's either so not taking it there.

Once everything is sorted I'll be leaving here and going exploring UK for a few weeks before I head over the water.

If moby sells tomorrow I'll be getting this remapped too.

P.s anyone looking for a scooter rack as this fella doesn't want it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back