The Cud Life, Killinghall nr Harrogate (1 Viewer)

Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
Had a couple of nights back at the lovely The Cud Life (CCC) site near Harrogate. A beautiful CL, with a lovely open grass field with beautiful views across the valley and plenty of space for everyone. At the top of the field there are two hard standing spaces, with some others in an adjoining area. All spaces have EHU. The toilet/shower block is unisex, but the cubicles are large and well laid out and the building kept very clean, and there's a hairdryer and a radio. There are good transport links, and nice walks. You can walk to Harrogate in about 30 minutes if you're reasonably fit. There's a very well stocked cook shop on site (open specific days). If you get the chance to sample Tanya's cakes or soup don't pass it up, she is an amazing cook! This is a perfect site for relaxing and restoring your energies and if you need a day or two of peace and quiet in a lovely area with genuinely warmly welcoming hosts it is highly recommended.

DSC_8562-Edit-NYMR_Oct22-lo.jpg

DSC_8560-NYMR_Oct22-lo.jpg

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
£20 a night for two, could be quite a bit more for a family. Probably reasonable for what you get if you need full facilities but not needing ehu showers etc I wouldn't be keen.

Kelsae2

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2011
kelso,scottish borders
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
We are booked on this site next month. I am glad to read your review and happy that we have made the right decision.
Look forward to visiting.

OP
OP
Tonks
Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
£20 a night for two, could be quite a bit more for a family. Probably reasonable for what you get if you need full facilities but not needing ehu showers etc I wouldn't be keen.
I am usually off grid, but after several days off sites it’s nice to have a site night for emptying, replenishing and showering. 🙂

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Tonka did you get paid for the publicity pictures great piccy of your van on the website , no mistaking this is the one I was looking for :hi5: after reading your review

OP
OP
Tonks
Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
Tonka did you get paid for the publicity pictures great piccy of your van on the website , no mistaking this is the one I was looking for :hi5: after reading your review
I wrote a campsite review for a magazine a few years ago and took some photos. They used another one for their website, with my permission. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Tonks
Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
That’s good they should update the website as people will be put off
I'm sure they will. Sadly they're having to deal with a very serious illness in the family at the moment and so are having to prioritise various things. They've brought a friend on board who is helping run the site at the moment. Her name is Annie and she's lovely. They're an incredible team.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I wrote a campsite review for a magazine a few years ago and took some photos. They used another one for their website, with my permission. :)
It looks lovely

Sep 8, 2022
Knaresborough, UK
Funster No
MH
Dethleff advantage
Exp
Oct 2021
If your staying at Killinghall i can highly recommend Knaresborough close by, you can park MH's in the very large York Place car park at very reasonable cost (no overnight) then visit the waterside with the iconic views of Knaresborough viaduct over the Nidd and finish of with a bacon butty at Marigolds cafe. Biased as i live here. Gpat Re Harrogate no silent H, not true, us locals call it arrygate

Kelsae2

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2011
kelso,scottish borders
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Tonks , Thats good that the toilets/showers are going to be open this winter. We are booked on later this month.When we booked we were not worried that the toilets/showers were closed for the winter. It is the location that we need.

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
If your staying at Killinghall i can highly recommend Knaresborough close by, you can park MH's in the very large York Place car park at very reasonable cost (no overnight) then visit the waterside with the iconic views of Knaresborough viaduct over the Nidd and finish of with a bacon butty at Marigolds cafe. Biased as i live here. Gpat Re Harrogate no silent H, not true, us locals call it arrygate
Just up the hill in Starbeck Tigger... endorse all you've said.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back