Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 10, 2011
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B584
Exp
Since 2010
Seen MPPT controllers on Temu. Are these any good or should I steer clear?

Mar 14, 2020
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2015, still learning
Personally, I avoid electrics other than recommended by others. Read about foreign cheap imports / fakes being dangerous and causing fire. When it come to electrics I’m a catastrophist but others will have different opinion. Buy cheap, buy twice 🤔

And as for temu… I am avoiding and not handing over my banks details. Too cheap to be true?

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Seen MPPT controllers on Temu. Are these any good or should I steer clear?
I had a chinese MPPT controller many moons ago. I wasn't impressed with it compared to the previous PWM model I had.
I stripped it down and it was a fake. It didn't have the required components to be an effective MPPT system. For instance the inductor was just a loop of copper (2 turns) in free air about 10mm in diameter.
This would not have given enough inductance to operate. BUT did make it look like an MPPT device rather than PWM.

For something like a solar controller I would go for a good quality named brand from a reputable supplier. The quality risks, fire risks and efficiency of the cheap ones is just not worth the money saved in my view, and I do like a bargain.

Jul 15, 2023
Lincoln, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4T
Exp
Feb 2023
Personally, I avoid electrics other than recommended by others. Read about foreign cheap imports / fakes being dangerous and causing fire. When it come to electrics I’m a catastrophist but others will have different opinion. Buy cheap, buy twice 🤔

And as for temu… I am avoiding and not handing over my banks details. Too cheap to be true?
Buy cheap buy two and have a spare:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back