Teleco satellite (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 28, 2024
Funster No
MH
Dethleff
I have a 4 Yr old system. Last week it was working fine. I have just tested it and it won't lock onto 28.2 astra. The dish goes round and stops in the parking position for a couple of seconds tilts down slightly the does 360 rotation and does the same.
Line of sight clear, power good. Atra 2 selected.
Any ideas please

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
It's not just clear line of sight needed. The signal forms a bloated cigar shape so anything on the near peripheral can cause a problem.

Check also that the LNB is properly fixed and hasn't moved position. Don't know your particular device, but some fit into slides. If not absolutely in the right place, then the alignment within the dish will not be correct.

Upvote 0
Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
Software update available from Teleco. They, not Teleco, did something to the satellite which means your kit needs updating.

Upvote 0
Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
Just completed updating my unit. Straight forward but a little fiddly in our van due to access to the unit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jan 13, 2022
Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
New to Motorhome, experienced caravanner 😊
You can often do a Telco satellite update through the app. Connect to your satellite usual as and then run any updates.
We have the same issue with ours. I have tried connecting via the app but it just keeps saying timeout error?
Do you need to switch something on at the box or have the dish up to find it?

Upvote 0
Sep 7, 2017
Funster No
We have the same issue with ours. I have tried connecting via the app but it just keeps saying timeout error?
Do you need to switch something on at the box or have the dish up to find it?
On ours the box is factory fitted and hidden behind some panelling. I just need to connect the app via bluetooth. The power needs to be switched on the main control panel that's all.

Upvote 0
Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
I did mine with my laptop connected to the box with a USB cable. It took about 10 mins max. and most of that was me fiddling about :rolleyes:.

Upvote 0
Sep 7, 2017
Funster No
I just had a look at mine. When I opened the app, I selected Automatic Antenna and after it had connected it said I needed to update. I did it using 4G and it took maybe 2 minutes. Tested after and it locked on.

Upvote 0
Sep 7, 2017
Funster No
Cant find the app on Play Store - what is it called?
I’m on an iPhone, at the App Store it’s just called Teleco.
IMG_3405.png

Upvote 0
Oct 17, 2023
Funster No
MH
Fiat Based Hymer
Our Hymer TV has a setting which it says sets the satellite system ready for use. I really have no idea what it actually does other than makes the Teleco dish find the Satellite quickly first time, every time.

Until next time! when I have to repeat the procedure. Twice now in 15 months of ownership, so I can live with that.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Jim Schush

Free Member
Nov 6, 2017
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend t7051
I have tried to update ours (it’s the old non Bluetooth version).
I’ve downloaded the firmware update onto the laptop.
Plugged the laptop and the Teleco black box in using the cable, followed the onscreen instructions and nothing happens apart from the dish just continually spinning.
Apparently there’s a little black button on the box that you need to press but still nothing happens. Worryingly the message on the onscreen instructions shows the sign “disconnected”. I’m doing something wrong.
Does anyone have instructions on how to do this procedure.
Any help would be appreciated.

• Informative
Reactions: f6c
Upvote 0
Jan 1, 2014
France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T7010
Exp
Since 1974
When I recently did mine I disconnected the 2 plugs that come into box from dish, then followed the on screen instructions (exactly) and it worked perfectly, from memory the black button and the controller button need to be pressed simultaneously.

Upvote 0
Aug 10, 2024
Funster No
MH
carthago liner for 2
I have tried to update ours (it’s the old non Bluetooth version).
I’ve downloaded the firmware update onto the laptop.
Plugged the laptop and the Teleco black box in using the cable, followed the onscreen instructions and nothing happens apart from the dish just continually spinning.
Apparently there’s a little black button on the box that you need to press but still nothing happens. Worryingly the message on the onscreen instructions shows the sign “disconnected”. I’m doing something wrong.
Does anyone have instructions on how to do this procedure.
Any help would be appreciated.
Hi, we are having exact issues as you, have you had any joy since ?

Upvote 0

Jim Schush

Free Member
Nov 6, 2017
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend t7051
I managed to sort it out today. I can’t explain how or why the newer computer I was using really didn’t work, not sure if it was the firewalls or USB port.
I ended up using an old computer, downloaded the software update from the Teleco website and tried again. Followed the onscreen instructions and this time I had the connected message on the corner of the screen. Followed the instructions and all sorted. The hardest part was having to simultaneously press the black button on the back of the Teleco box and the satellite on button at the same time.
Hope you manage to sort yours.

Upvote 0

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
Sorted mine today but it was a bit odd.
Downloaded update but laptop would not connect to the Teleco. Dish constantly spinning.
Got an older laptop as per a previous comment but it did exactly the same thing. I just left it expecting the dish to time out after 5 or 10 minutes.
I was on my phone doing other stuff and I heard the dish stop. It was stationary and pointing in the general direction of the Astra. Turned tv on and all channels appeared.
Turned everything off, parked dish, unplugged the cable, restarted and it immediately found the satellite.
I'm convinced the update never showed connected and I made no intervention or pressed any buttons.

Confused.com :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
I managed to sort it out today. I can’t explain how or why the newer computer I was using really didn’t work, not sure if it was the firewalls or USB port.
I ended up using an old computer, downloaded the software update from the Teleco website and tried again. Followed the onscreen instructions and this time I had the connected message on the corner of the screen. Followed the instructions and all sorted. The hardest part was having to simultaneously press the black button on the back of the Teleco box and the satellite on button at the same time.
Hope you manage to sort yours.
Can you share the file and instructions please? Thanks

Upvote 0

Jim Schush

Free Member
Nov 6, 2017
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend t7051
Can you share the file and instructions please? Thanks
I don’t actually have a file to transfer.
I used a friends pc to download the file from the Teleco group website.
To do this you will need to create an account on the Teleco website.
Once this is complete you can download the file to your desktop.
You will need a printer style cable to connect your pc to your Teleco box in your van.
If you open the file on your desktop and follow the on screen instructions everything should be quite straightforward.
There’s a black button on the Teleco box that you will need to press simultaneously with the Sat on button.
It took me a few attempts to sort this as the original file I downloaded would not operate on my newer computer.
Good luck .

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back