Teleco Flat Sat Dish No Longer Locks Onto Astra 2 Satellite (11 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Makes me wonder just what is going on as to why the fix works without any sort of reprogramming....but then again it does, so I don't really care lol

(and that's from someonr who thought he had an Oyster dish !!)

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
I think the first rule is to make sure you have a clear view to the horizon facing south.
So either on top of a cliff on the south coast, or on top of a high hill with a clear view south.

My massive 1m dish will not even find Freesat if there is so much as a leaf between it and the southern horizon.

Sep 22, 2023
Funster No
MH
4 berth coachbuilt
You will not go far wrong if you do that. :giggle:

But the reality is a lot better that that. The elevation of the Astra 2 satellite does vary depending where you are;

In North West england it is about 22 degrees and mucher higher in sky (35 degrees) from southern France.

The table at http://downloads.falcontechnical.co.uk/easyfind/Finding_the_elevation_for_your_location.pdf will give you the full figures. Remember that your dish looks as though it is pointing well below the real elevation.

A bit of practice and you soon learn to do it by eye. And remember that the satellite is not due South. it is about 28 degrees to the left. (again that varies a bit more, as you go South)

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back