Tecommend an ODB2 reader FIAT 3ltr comformatic 2009 (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Nov 2, 2022
Thaxted, Dunmow, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starfire
Exp
Hi,
I am looking for an ODB2 reader that would work for FIAT 3ltr 2009 and allow clearing of codes... preferable a portable one, that I can leave in van to help get out of tricky situations, even temporarily... currently have automatic gearbox issue, awaiting transporter to dealer and reminds me I need a reader as backup... much appreciated...

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
I got a £10 cheapie off eBay that connects to my phone with a free app.

It works and turns off EML when needed.

It won’t do Fiat specific things though like gearboxes etc.

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Although multiecuscan is my favorite, for permament use in the van i have alfaobd on my android phone (and tablet) fiats are more finiky when it comes to obd adaptors (cheap ones do not speak fiat) i use a vgate icar bt4, a yellow lead is needed for bcm and other modules.

OP
OP
SteveandSueJ
Nov 2, 2022
Thaxted, Dunmow, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starfire
Exp
Multiecuscan on a laptop with leads from Gendan is the surest way to get to all the modules including the gearbox module unless you spend very big bucks
Thx, just took a look at gendan, lots of leads and somewhat confusing tbh. Can you recall what lead you use please? I have downloaded the free version of multicuescan to laptop....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Put your model in the selector . when you use it multiecuscan will tell you which (if any) adaptor is required for each module
Screenshot (162).png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back