Taking your pet back to the EU with an EU pet passport.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Ford Transit
When you take your pet back into the EU, from the UK, with a Portuguese EU pet passport, what's the procedure with regard to worming, fit to travel, fees and requirements? (last time we went abroad we had the UK health check paperwork)

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Majestic 115
My Irish born dog has a Belgian issued pet passport as he predates Brexit. We just show it at Folkestone or Dover. They check his microchip and off we go.

Going back to the UK we get his worming done, usually in France, although once in Belgium, and go home. Same chip checks as before plus the worming section. Not had any problems.

Upvote 0

AlunandFelicie

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner lyseo time
My Irish born dog has a Belgian issued pet passport as he predates Brexit. We just show it at Folkestone or Dover. They check his microchip and off we go.

Going back to the UK we get his worming done, usually in France, although once in Belgium, and go home. Same chip checks as before plus the worming section. Not had any problems.
Same for us ,our dogs have Irish passports 👍

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
RPMOTORHOMES Rebel
Exp
New to van life
With EU passport just do whatever ferry/train company require to register pet and return to EU. Nothing needs to be done in advance.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
Note that when returning to the UK, you need to see a vet to get the worming tablets, and the paperwork to say it was taken by the dog. You will need to wait at least 24 hours from the time the tablet was taken to getting on the ferry/tunnel. And that means 24 hours minimum, not 23 hours 59 minutes. Once taken, it's valid for about 5 days, I think.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Back