Nov 22, 2018
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
S and L Apollo
Exp
Since 2018
Hi all.
Am taking my GSD girl into Holland from Hull via ferry. Not been since Brexit. Reading the regs looks like I can only take a small quantity of her tinned food and kibble. Anyone had any experience of problems taking dog food? Shepherd's have sensitive tums so reluctant to go without what she's used to.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Same here, food for our two in a cool bag in the boot area. Did cut the label off a smaller bag of salmon flavoured as you are not restricted on fish. šŸ˜‰.

Aug 5, 2017
Skelmersdale
Funster No
MH
RV WindSport 32A
Exp
5 years only
Had many crossings since B. They aren't interested. If we cross by car we have a cooler in the boot, fully visible full of goodies, (our dogs eat bacon, sausages and eggs, they also eat M&S Steak pie), as do many others in the queue. This is by ferry not by train.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Similarly never had any checks for restricted foodstuffs, doggy or people. But many of the popular brands are available in the bigger supermarkets.

OP
OP
Durham's dad
Nov 22, 2018
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
S and L Apollo
Exp
Since 2018
Thanks for your responses. Reassured now. I don't think there'd be many staff wanting to enter the vehicle with my girl there anyway!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back