Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 4, 2010
NORFOLK
Funster No
MH
DETHLEFFS C CLASS
Exp
Hi
Does any member know what the symbol on my sat nav means - the one which shows 64KM/H with a line over the top next to the 50 sign. It bears no relationship to the speed I was doing and sometimes stays there for a few minutes, then disappears. Whilst it is there it doesn't allow me to see the speed I am doing. It is the same in KM/HR or M/HR.
SAT NAV SYMBOL.jpg

Aug 24, 2023
Brixham, UK
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 3007
Exp
September 2023 :)
If you look carefully, it show's that the maximum speed for the road you are travelling is 50mph.
The 64km/h is showing your accual speed in km (at a guess) but you will notice the arrow in the top right corner
is pointing "UP", which would tell me that you are able to increase your speed before reaching the 50mp/h
speed limit.
Give it a go, and see if the km/h figure increases. Good luck! (y)

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
It is showing your average speed while in the average speed camera zone. It is explained on page 99 of the TomTom Reference Guide.

As you've got it displaying kph and the average speed is being shown in mph then you will need to do a bit of mental arithmetic but as your average speed could be up to 80kph you are safe from a ticket. :)

Upvote 0
Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
I assume that, for the section that the SatNav thinks is covered by the average speed camera, you've averaged 64km/h.

As the speed limit is supposed to be 80km/h, you'd theoretically be able to cruise a bit above that until the average is dragged up...

...But I'd not rely on it too heavily. I know that in roadworks, often most of the average cameras are not doing anything. It's only the last pair that they bother to calibrate to a level where they can send you tickets for speeding.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
I assume that, for the section that the SatNav thinks is covered by the average speed camera, you've averaged 64km/h.

As the speed limit is supposed to be 80km/h, you'd theoretically be able to cruise a bit above that until the average is dragged up...

...But I'd not rely on it too heavily. I know that in roadworks, often most of the average cameras are not doing anything. It's only the last pair that they bother to calibrate to a level where they can send you tickets for speeding.
If the 64 is km, the distance is in km, and the directions are in km, then I would have thought the 50 is km. so Tomtom thinks his average is 64km in a 50km.

Why would the 50 be mph?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back