Swindon, UK (1 Viewer)

Apr 7, 2024
Funster No
MH
Ford Swift Voyager
Hi all,
I am looking for a place in / near to the centre of Swindon with my motorhome.. am struggling at the moment to find somewhere that isn't far out and not cyclable! Has anyone got any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!
Rob

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
The nearest on Search for Sites is a pub called The Runner, may be suitable for cyclists too. It says to phone ahead and take your rubbish with you.

Feb 16, 2020
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globetrott
Exp
Not sure what a long or short cycle is for you, but we have used Flaxlands FIsheries (lovely CL/CS) before, it is about a 40 min cycle into the heart of Swindon. A shorter cycle is to ride to Royal Wootton Bassett and catch the Gold 55 bus from Kingsley Avenue. Maybe you could chain your bike at Aldi?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 19, 2019
Swindon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Swift
Exp
Since 2012
Coate Water Country Park does not have a caravan park and as far as I am aware doesn't allow overnight MH parking in the car park

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2019
Swindon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Swift
Exp
Since 2012
Hi all,
I am looking for a place in / near to the centre of Swindon with my motorhome.. am struggling at the moment to find somewhere that isn't far out and not cyclable! Has anyone got any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!
Rob
Hi Rob. Where abouts in Swindon Town centre do you need to be and how long are you staying

OP
OP
R
Apr 7, 2024
Funster No
MH
Ford Swift Voyager
Hi Rob. Where abouts in Swindon Town centre do you need to be and how long are you staying
Hi Kevin- thanks for the reply somewhere near centre and for 2/3 nights a week for the foreseeable. Probably asking the world! Lol

Oct 19, 2019
Swindon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Swift
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Kevin- thanks for the reply somewhere near centre and for 2/3 nights a week for the foreseeable. Probably asking the world! Lol
You won't find anywhere in the town centre for your intended stay.Your best option is search for sites or park4night as there is a few CL sites on the outskirts of Swindon

Jun 24, 2022
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam746
If you were running you might be able to do it in 10 minutes
Just for clarity it is 1.1 miles from the Runner to the town centre I would think you will not find anything closer if they allow you to stay.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back