Swift recall (1 Viewer)

Jan 30, 2021
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Escape 664
Exp
Since 2015
Received a letter today from Swift stating my mh was requiring a recall because of the engine battery retaining bracket could cause a short circuit if it became loose .
Of course I knew about this at least eighteen months ago through this forum and took appropriate steps to remedy rectify the problem .
Swift have recommended I contact the selling franchise or seek out a Swift approved dealership that can carry out the work which is the replacement of bracket with straps which I feel is inferior to metal retainer
My question is , I am confident with my repair to said bracket , do I really need to contact and suffer the apprentices efforts to strap down the battery what would be the ramifications if I ignore the recall.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Take photos of your repair and send them to Swift stating that you believe your job is on or above par with what a dealer would do and advise them that you knew about this 18 months and that’s why you sorted it. Get them to confirm it looks good.

OP
OP
P
Jan 30, 2021
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Escape 664
Exp
Since 2015
Yes my thoughts exactly

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Will it effect any warranties

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
When fiat recalled mine for a brake pipe clip they would not accept my photo of said clip I had to take it to a fiat professional garage a 80 mile round trip

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back