Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

joshybfps

Free Member
Jul 29, 2024
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 614
Hi All,

Ive done a bit of searching and I cant seem to find any advice or guides on how to wire a Renogy inverter into my existing sockets in the van. I had thought about wiring Shore Power to inverter so when activated it would use passthrough however I soon realised id end up in a loop constantly charging the leisure battery.

At a guess im wondering is it now best to go shore power > Switchover Switch > Inverter > Plug sockets in the swift command?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Experts will be along but it is simpler to add your inverter and plug into it directly those devices you really need 240V AC for?
Wiring in to the whole van means you could overload it (it should shut down) and you need another box of tricks that switches over when on EHU.

OP
OP
joshybfps

joshybfps

Free Member
Jul 29, 2024
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 614
Experts will be along but it is simpler to add your inverter and plug into it directly those devices you really need 240V AC for?
Wiring in to the whole van means you could overload it (it should shut down) and you need another box of tricks that switches over when on EHU.
Yeh probably only need 2 plugs max so makes sense to have it the easy way. Thank you

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back