May

Rally Swaffham Bash ( formerly Thetford (2 Viewers)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Jaws added a new event:

Swaffham Bash ( formerly Thetford

Swaffham Norfolk
Once again I have booked the Swaffham Rugby Club for the event ( PE37 7QX )
It will be from Thursday, May 23rd, to Monday May 27th
Ticket prices the same as last year, £17 per head ( under 14s free ) for the whole event
There will be fish and chips Friday night, along with a quiz ( About £9 a head )
Saturday morning there will be a ride out for the biker ( destination yet to be decided ) and Saturday afternoon I am trying to set up laser tag and live music in the evening...

Read more about this event...

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Hi John, I am somewhat confused as there appears to be three threads going for the same event, would it be possible to merge them for clarity? :giggle:

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Could you please put us down for the rally

I weill send you a booking PM straight away :)
Hi John, I am somewhat confused as there appears to be three threads going for the same event, would it be possible to merge them for clarity? :giggle:
Not something I can do I am afraid..
I have NO idea how we got three !!!

Oct 7, 2015
newark
Funster No
MH
Swift escape 624
Exp
Can you put us both down please

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 7, 2015
newark
Funster No
MH
Swift escape 624
Exp
Thanks will sort out payment as soon as I get home next week Alan

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
So far we only have 7 people for the ped racing

So there will be a new game in town :)
This will require teams of 4 people ( you pick your team and give it a name

We will be laying out an obstacle course which each team member will have to negotiate on a mobility scooter

Sounds easy ?

It would be but... the rider will be blindfolded and have to follow instructions shouted to the by the rest of the team :)As each rider completes the course the next team member takes over until all four members are done

We thought that will still be easy, so marshals MIGHT be on the course MOVING obstacles about randomly :)
Winning team will be the ones completing the whole thing in the fastest time

There will be a prize for each of the winning team

We will supply the scooters...........

So what do YOU lot think ?
A bit of fun or a non starter ??

Oct 28, 2023
Funster No
MH
Chausson 728eb
Sounds fun, although I might have a slightly unfair advantage as I use a mobility scooter daily and drive it around London so it’s a bit like driving with your eyes closed and “using the force”…….

I’m definitely up for this and will be booking our place when we get back from our new years trip to the new forest!

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
So far we only have 7 people for the ped racing

So there will be a new game in town :)
This will require teams of 4 people ( you pick your team and give it a name

We will be laying out an obstacle course which each team member will have to negotiate on a mobility scooter

Sounds easy ?

It would be but... the rider will be blindfolded and have to follow instructions shouted to the by the rest of the team :)As each rider completes the course the next team member takes over until all four members are done

We thought that will still be easy, so marshals MIGHT be on the course MOVING obstacles about randomly :)
Winning team will be the ones completing the whole thing in the fastest time

There will be a prize for each of the winning team

We will supply the scooters...........

So what do YOU lot think ?
A bit of fun or a non starter ??
I like the theory and could, perhaps, be persuaded but, I thought that when I first heard about the Ped racing?

What speed are the the Scooters restricted to and do they have a big rubber bumper like the Dodgem Cars? 🤔 😆

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2023
Funster No
MH
Chausson 728eb
I like the theory and could, perhaps, be persuaded but, I thought that when I first heard about the Ped racing?

What speed are the the Scooters restricted to and do they have a big rubber bumper like the Dodgem Cars? 🤔 😆
Unless someone has had a fiddle they will either be limited to 4 or 8mph to be legal…….but….mines kinda special!

As to rubber bumpers………

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Unless someone has had a fiddle they will either be limited to 4 or 8mph to be legal…….but….mines kinda special!

As to rubber bumpers………

Fiddle is Jaws middle name. 😆
I have a suspicion any mobility scooter for this event will be glued to a white post, will go in anything but a straight line, controls will be back to front with the seat facing backwards, will need a whole host of willing helpers to connect to solar panels whilst we wait an hour for a recharge. Hi Vi's jackets will be compulsory so the blindfolded driver can aim incorrectly. Oh and as Just Stop Oil has nobody to complain about, so no pitch invasions, the obstacles will be those kiddies windmills. :xrofl:

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
I have a suspicion any mobility scooter for this event will be glued to a white post, will go in anything but a straight line, controls will be back to front with the seat facing backwards, will need a whole host of willing helpers to connect to solar panels whilst we wait an hour for a recharge. Hi Vi's jackets will be compulsory so the blindfolded driver can aim incorrectly. Oh and as Just Stop Oil has nobody to complain about, so no pitch invasions, the obstacles will be those kiddies windmills. :xrofl:
You forgot about Fat Sting, what do you mean 'no pitch invasion?

(Sorry, forgot you were not there last year.) 😆

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
You forgot about Fat Sting, what do you mean 'no pitch invasion?

(Sorry, forgot you were not there last year.) 😆
Bloody spellchecker, that should,of course, read 'Fat Stig' 😡

and, of course, you were there last year.
Doing a fantastic job of Marshalling, if I remember correctly? 🤔

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )

The scoots that are to be used are almost brand new and will be standard 4mph jobbies :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back