Suspension warranty - manufacturer or converter? (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Hickory

Free Member
Mar 3, 2023
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo
We have a 2022 Burstner Lyseo 644g on a Fiat Ducato chassis and have 2k miles on the clock. It is rated at 3500kg. On a recent journey the rear of the motorhome bottomed out, the whole back came down onto the wheels, we slowed down pretty quick! The van wasn’t overloaded.

We have phoned fiat to book it in to look at the suspension which will be tomorrow. Just received a call from fiat questioning whether our vehicle was a motorhome? They told us that they are not responsible for the warranty on the suspension, that would be down to the converter, i.e. Burstner. They have agreed to have a look but will not fix any fault to do with the suspension.

I have a horrible suspicion that this will be one of those warranty battles where both manufacturer and converter deny responsibility.

I had a quick google and found this on motorhome protect insurance;
“Most motorhomes are a base vehicle (such as a Fiat Ducato) that has been converted by an accredited company into a home-on-wheels. So, when you buy a new vehicle, you actually get two warranties: one from the manufacturer, the other from the converter.

The manufacturer’s warranty is the most comprehensive, covering the mechanics and electrics of the vehicle: its engine and transmission; fuel and ignition system; gearbox; steering and suspension; clutch and brakes and so on.”

It would appear from that statement that Fiat should cover the warranty for suspension?

We are just trying to arm ourselves with as much information before our 7.30am appointment with fiat tomorrow! Has anyone had similar problems under warranty and whether suspension is covered by manufacturer or converter.

Any help much appreciate.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
It depends on who made the back part of the chassis. If it's as is quite likely an alko chassis anything back of the cab is down to the converter. It shouldn't be your to thing to sort out take it back to the dealer that's who you paid.

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
The dealer. You bought it from them. They have to sort it regardless of what’s wrong. Too many dealers make you run around to avoid their responsibilities.

Pees me off 😡😡

OP
OP
Hickory

Hickory

Free Member
Mar 3, 2023
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo
It depends on who made the back part of the chassis. If it's as is quite likely an alko chassis anything back of the cab is down to the converter. It shouldn't be your to thing to sort out take it back to the dealer that's who you paid.
Thank you! We will be contacting our dealer tomorrow.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It is definitely down to your dealer to sort out, even though Fiat make MH chasses the converter then adds to it, changes and/or adapts it so it won't be 'as delivered' from Fiat as it's been modified, thus the dealer and the MH manufacturer need to deal with it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ernesto

Free Member
Jan 22, 2019
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Adria PVC
Exp
Rented a few times...now an owner.
As others have said your “contract“ is with the dealer as its them you paid the money to. Same as buying a tele from Curry’s ….if it goes wrong, curry’s have to sort it and it’s not up to you to speak to Sony or LG

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back