LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
And our first views of Alarcón. We're doing a walk tomorrow 🤞. I can hear distant thunder right now.

IMG_1299.JPG
IMG_1295.JPG
IMG_1301.JPG
IMG_1300.JPG

OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
So, the mist cleared and we went out following a short walking route found on Wikiloc. Martin was using it on his Garmin and it threw a major wobbly, sending us the wrong way numerous times and then it put the language into Finnish 🤣.

We made up our own route at that stage.

The village, in my (our) opinion is better seen from afar. It had a lot of closed off areas for work and the castle is now a Parador (posh hotel) with no access to the serfs!

The walk alongside the reservoir was nice though.

IMG_1346.JPG
IMG_1350.JPG

Stonemason mark on the lovely church doorway.
IMG_1351.JPG
IMG_1352.JPG

Interesting. A parking area within the village.
IMG_1353.JPG
IMG_1354.JPG

We could only get to the door of the Parador
IMG_1356.JPG
IMG_1355.JPG
IMG_1354.JPG

Old door.
IMG_1357~2.JPG
IMG_1368.JPG
IMG_1367~2.JPG

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We've parked at almost 1,000 metres and it's much cooler. We're at the village of Canada del Hoyo at the parking area for the swimming pool and the HQ of the forest firefighters. Martin spoke to one guy yesterday and he gave us 👍. It's also used as the starting point for a hike to the Lagunas (de Canada del Hoyo). We're going on our bikes and checking out the road that we MAY drive along later to our next destination.

The Lagunas are the ones that look different colours, even a pink one. I just hope they have water in them after the hot summer 🤞🤞🤞

OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Well, I'm a tad disappointed. Yes, the lagoons had water in them. We saw the three that are on public land. We rode round to look at the others but the way was blocked with a high fence and gate and a sign. So I didn't get to see the pink Lagoon. I think we could have walked to them, according to a recent Wikiloc walking route. Never mind, we had a lovely ride overall.

The three lagoons we saw.

IMG_1384.JPG
IMG_1386.JPG
IMG_1382.JPG

We rode along a narrow road through pines that were being tapped for the resin. We don't see it often in Spain, but we've seen it a lot in Portugal.

IMG_1388.JPG

Heading back to the village.

IMG_1391.JPG

The road was excellent for driving along later. Newly surfaced and through pretty terrain. We didn't like our first choice motorhome area for tonight, although it has a good service point, but our second choice is nice. A tiny area on the edge of a small village (Laguna del Marquesado). There is a lake of the same name nearby. We'll see that on a ride tomorrow.

IMG_1393.JPG
IMG_1394.JPG

Jul 13, 2022
Tarragona, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Well, I'm a tad disappointed. Yes, the lagoons had water in them. We saw the three that are on public land. We rode round to look at the others but the way was blocked with a high fence and gate and a sign. So I didn't get to see the pink Lagoon. I think we could have walked to them, according to a recent Wikiloc walking route. Never mind, we had a lovely ride overall.

The three lagoons we saw.

View attachment 954202View attachment 954203View attachment 954204

We rode along a narrow road through pines that were being tapped for the resin. We don't see it often in Spain, but we've seen it a lot in Portugal.

View attachment 954207

Heading back to the village.

View attachment 954205

The road was excellent for driving along later. Newly surfaced and through pretty terrain. We didn't like our first choice motorhome area for tonight, although it has a good service point, but our second choice is nice. A tiny area on the edge of a small village (Laguna del Marquesado). There is a lake of the same name nearby. We'll see that on a ride tomorrow.

View attachment 954206View attachment 954208
Is that area from your last two pictures the one you liked more? Looks very quiet.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Is that area from your last two pictures the one you liked more? Looks very quiet.

Yes and it is quiet. The first one we went to was 5km away at Huerta del Marquesado. It was in an area with lorries, across from a bottled water building. It could be OK if arriving later in the day, but it didn't suit us arriving at lunchtime. We much prefer a nice view.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back