Suggestions for Devon/Cornwall (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 2, 2016
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Rapido 786f
Exp
We're off tomorrow to continue our exploration of the South West of Devon and into Cornwall. We ended the last trip at Salcombe so this time will go west of Plymouth. I've searched on the site here and have a few possible stopovers in hand but would appreciate suggestions of nice places to visit and overnight stops. I've heard various stories of how inaccessible Cornwall but I see from the forum some of it is OK for MHs with Looe, Bude, Taunton beach & Tintagel. It'd be nice if it's possible to visit some of the fishing villages but those are the ones I don't know if are possible.
We're not looking for campsites BTW, just places that are OK for one night and we're probably going to stick to the coast if possible.
Thank you in advance.

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Trouble is you are slap bang high season so it's going to be busy. Sites wise Doubletrees Farm at St Blazey, Veryan which is C&CC, StreamValley at Heamoor. There are a few Britstops and CL's. All will be busy and none cheap. We avoid Cornwall this time of the year, and did so even before we had a motorhome. I wish you lots of luck and really hope I am wrong.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Treecol
Sep 2, 2016
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Rapido 786f
Exp
Thanks all, yeah, my phone seemed to auto correct with Taunton!!!! I'd actually put Saunton.
But definitely not looking for camp sites, really only go on them to empty/refill. Much prefer just a stop over whenever we can park without hassle.

Feb 2, 2022
Hartland, Bideford, Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Ixeo 1744
Exp
I’m newbie
If your working your way back up from Plymouth, then when your in the area in between bude and bideford north Devon , try out clovelly that has a finishing port / harbour , park in carpark up top at entrance and walk down to harbour couple pubs and small give shops . Beautiful views
But it’s cobbled sleep hill so no cars definitely worth the walk,
and you need to be fairly fit for walk back up.
They used have a land rover that used to take people back to entrance for a very small fee .
but I think that service finished during COVID and never return .
You can go on there website and see what happing
Friday night during summer you have local fisherman / singers quite a nice atmosphere .
Also they allow you to park for the night in carpark , no services maybe a toilet during opening hours . Easy access no problem in motorhome.
Worth a visit, also hartland area has the odd park up on park for night app .
Good luck hope weather is kind for you 😬.
Also you google earth for state of lanes to see if your fit .

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Praa sands Carpark,which allows over nighting. But make sure you get there early.

Tintagel carpark also allows over nighting.

You beat me to this one Jo.

From memory, Praa Sands is a private car park so you will not have the 'Jobsworths' doing the checks and there is a public toilet.
Oh! Very important! The location is PRAA SANDS nr. Penzance and NOT PAR SANDS which is near St. Austell.

Bobby-gg

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2020
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Ducato IH pvc
Exp
Since 2010
For places to visit

Clovelly, Minack theatre & Boscastle

If you like Surfing, or at least it's history, the Surfing museum at Braunton but parking can be a problem, especially at weekends, and check out Widemouth beach rather then Newquay to watch the surfing

OP
OP
Treecol
Sep 2, 2016
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Rapido 786f
Exp
I knew you'd all deliver...thank you. Keep 'em coming, I think we might have enough places for the next trip in September!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 15, 2014
cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacar E450
Exp
3 years
You beat me to this one Jo.

From memory, Praa Sands is a private car park so you will not have the 'Jobsworths' doing the checks and there is a public toilet.
Oh! Very important! The location is PRAA SANDS nr. Penzance and NOT PAR SANDS which is near St. Austell.
the toilets were closed when we were there in may and i think i read somewhere they were being sold off

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back