Suggested sources to obtain a multi-vehicle policy Hobby T500 (LHD) plus standard car (RHD). (1 Viewer)

PlacidoD

Free Member
Apr 1, 2024
Funster No
MH
Hobby T500 LHD
Have just got the V5 on the Hobby T500 but it is SORNed for this month and remains with the dealer as I have no time to use it atm and that also buys me time to sort out insurance
I got some quotes from Caravan Guard in Halifax to be going on with before I would even allow myself to inspect the van but what I really want is a multi-vehicle policy covering both car and motorhome as I will be the sole driver for both vehicles and I have a 10 year plus NCB on the car policy.
I shall be online and on the telephone starting tomorrow to sort this. I shall start with my car policy insurers (AXA) and then ring and surf around.

Any suggestions (a) for likely sources for multi-vehicle policies and (b) for keeping the motorhome element of insurance premium down gratefully received.

FYI I am fitting a four camera truck type system upon delivery mainly to give me a camera pointing forward to give the view of an RHD driver. I also intend to purchase a Milenco Commercial High Security Steering Wheel Lock as would be required by Caravan Guard. I have a clean drivers licence and, in case it makes any difference to advice given, I am in my early 70s.

Unfortunately my car insurance renews mid August so, unless AXA can come up trumps I am likely to need two policies with cancelation fees on one or the other. Grrrh!!

Chris

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
Both my wife’s car and the moho are with LV but on separate policies. Last renewal it was suggested that a combined policy (even including home insurance) might work out cheaper, and I was transferred to the relevant department.

Well that was a waste of 20 minutes of my life. The breakdown of all policies meant I would be paying circa 35% more overall and when I questioned why it really came down to ‘sometimes the computer does this’!

Stayed with LV on individual policies and the car went up about £30 but the moho actually went down!

AGT

Nov 22, 2021
Edinburgh, UK
Funster No
MH
Westfalia Columbus
Exp
Since 2021
I am insured with Admiral. Three cars and the camper van for £1,000. The main drawback is a limit of 90 days per policy year fully comp outside the UK, although to date I have always had this extended by 12 weeks for no additional charge.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back