Suffolk Motorhome MOT (1 Viewer)

May 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance 66-2
Just want to point out Ray Goudy (Stowmarket) Trailer repairs, actually ALSO have a pit and MOT station suitable for motorhomes. They were reccomended to me by the local garage I usually use who couldn't fit me on their ramps.

MOT at 7am done for 7:30 whilst I waited. Another motorhome in having a cam belt (Fiat). They were waiting for me at 6:50am given I'd booked the 7am slot and started immediately.

Can't complain with the guys running the garage OR their work effort -> me having a motorhome MOT this morning was to bring forward MOT for future years so it's not bang in middle of weekend camping season (it was previously in May which seems silly given we all book to go away many weekends in May/June/July!).

I'll be likely getting them to do the cambelt later in the year once we hit the 5 year mark on that..

Feb 24, 2020
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 1974
Just want to point out Ray Goudy (Stowmarket) Trailer repairs, actually ALSO have a pit and MOT station suitable for motorhomes. They were reccomended to me by the local garage I usually use who couldn't fit me on their ramps.

MOT at 7am done for 7:30 whilst I waited. Another motorhome in having a cam belt (Fiat). They were waiting for me at 6:50am given I'd booked the 7am slot and started immediately.

Can't complain with the guys running the garage OR their work effort -> me having a motorhome MOT this morning was to bring forward MOT for future years so it's not bang in middle of weekend camping season (it was previously in May which seems silly given we all book to go away many weekends in May/June/July!).

I'll be likely getting them to do the cambelt later in the year once we hit the 5 year mark on that..
Thanks for that info. Must bear it in mind since I live in Ipswich and go to Weeley for my MOT's.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Last edited:
OP
OP
S
May 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance 66-2
Should add the mechanic at the trailer place said they used to be the "outsourcer" for Stowmarket Caravans (and Motorhomes) when it existed.

So they do have plenty of experience of our types of vehicle. I'm just glad to find somewhere walkable from home if I need to leave the van there for a day given theres not a single other garage other than the other 2 on this thread, which are most definitely not walkable or easily public transport from home, requiring 2 of us to drive out to get any work done.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
requiring 2 of us to drive out to get any work done.
as I mentioned , Vehicle Surgeon in Woodbridge offer a courtesy car , it's £10 extra but not time limited.. you have it as long as they are working on the van.. when it was having a service, MOT , cam belt, brakes and wheel bearing done I had it for a week ..

.. I live in Alderton, no public transport. and with no other driver in the family, the courtesy car is great

Their rate is £70 per hour.. and I would not hesitate in recommending them ..

OP
OP
S
May 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance 66-2
as I mentioned , Vehicle Surgeon in Woodbridge offer a courtesy car , it's £10 extra but not time limited.. you have it as long as they are working on the van.. when it was having a service, MOT , cam belt, brakes and wheel bearing done I had it for a week ..

.. I live in Alderton, no public transport. and with no other driver in the family, the courtesy car is great

Their rate is £70 per hour.. and I would not hesitate in recommending them ..
Yeah they look good, I've driven past a few times in the van already en-route to coast so familar with the area.

I'll get a quote when cam belt due (it's 4.5 years, and I'll do at the 5 year mark).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back