Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
May 13, 2012
West Mids
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 6-2
Exp
since 2012
I am looking for a document or video that shows how to change from the submersible pump in our Bailey Advance to a Shurflo Trail king 10. In particular I need to understand what parts I need to strip out and what parts I can leave in.
Thanks

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I changed the submersible to a Shureflo pump on my last van, link below. But don't do what I did and use the coloured water pipe for the pick up tube. Algae grew on it I changed it for a length of Speedflow pipe.

Aug 6, 2018
Dorset
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
Since 2019
I am looking for a document or video that shows how to change from the submersible pump in our Bailey Advance to a Shurflo Trail king 10. In particular I need to understand what parts I need to strip out and what parts I can leave in.
Thanks

I simply added a Shurflo to our Globecar Campscout, leaving the submersible in place as a back up. The Shurflo is fitted further along the line and simply draws through the existing pipework that I extended simply to reach the location of the new pump. I disconnected the electrical supply to the submersible and used this for the Shurflo.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I simply added a Shurflo to our Globecar Campscout, leaving the submersible in place as a back up. The Shurflo is fitted further along the line and simply draws through the existing pipework that I extended simply to reach the location of the new pump. I disconnected the electrical supply to the submersible and used this for the Shurflo.
Yes , did this on our old van , no problem.

May 21, 2019
South Coast
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance
Exp
Since 2015
I've done this job on a Bailey and as Lenny says , algae grows on the pick up tube even though I used speedflow. To improve the flow , remove the pressure regulator switch and simply bridge both the wires and hoses too , removing the whole thing from the system . I've also now replaced the tank with a bottom outlet version which is much better and being translucent, I can see the level, also there's nothing inside to attract slime/algae. Also, replace any speedfit connections between the tank pick up and the shurflow intake for solid connectors as the surflow will suck air in past the speedfit connector seals.

IMG_5628.JPG

IMG_5622.JPG

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back