Struggling in Spain (1 Viewer)

Mar 2, 2019
Vale of Glamorgan
Funster No
MH
Carado T447
Exp
I am a newbie ex caravaner for 40years
We set off nearly two weeks ago from the euro tunnel taking the western route and we are now in Villajoyosa but we are struggling to get any further down the coast as every camp site or paying Aire is fully booked until the end of February .
we are using the usual Campercontact , ACSI and Search for sites .
If I’d have know this would be the situation I would have pre booked months ago although that in itself spoils the concept of travelling in a motorhome?
Any ideas?

Solution
Everyone and his/her mother want to be coastal in Spain at this time of year. We're travelling inland at the moment and its very quiet, during the week, at least. We're on camperstop near Valdepeñas and we have one German neighbour.

Last night we were in Úbeda and there were about 7 motorhomes there, but that's a touristic town.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We tend to avoid the coast most of the time. Isn't there anywhere warm a bit inland?
According to Google its 17C and sunny around Seville
Fancy a bit of Murcia as your winter destination...click on the link below for more information...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
Last time we were at El Berro, in September, it was so hot we couldn’t venture out on the bikes at all and sat under the big shaded pitches at the top ☹️ 40C rings a bell.

We used to like to go in February when we lived on the coast, Sharon was once followed by a wild boar thinking her bag had food in it 😜 and we have lots of very large pine cones here in East Yorkshire from there.

We may spend some time there this April before we return home. 😊 I see Alhama tourist info office is keeping updated with new technology for us tourists. I remember when they first got the gps info sets to do the walking trails with, not that we ever did them unfortunately

Upvote 0

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We are headed out in April I hope its a little quieter and pitches are available

We have been travelling in mexico and America (car and lodging not moterhoming )to help our issues with only 90 days
No problem, the country returns to normal..well until July and August when the big spending families descend..👍🇪🇦

Upvote 0

Billiefarrah

Free Member
Nov 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 1984
We set off nearly two weeks ago from the euro tunnel taking the western route and we are now in Villajoyosa but we are struggling to get any further down the coast as every camp site or paying Aire is fully booked until the end of February .
If I’d have know this would be the situation I would have pre booked months ago although that in itself spoils the concept of travelling in a motorhome?
Any ideas?
Have you thought of Benidorm. Lots of sites here . We’re on raco not sure if any spaces but worth a try . People coming and going all the time

Upvote 0

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
Spoke to this site today and they said that they are full but to try in the morning as the campers typically just up and go .
Apparently this year Spain has seen a massive increase in Motorhomes visiting from Germany , Belgium etc .
Same here absolutely rammed in the Algarve, we are on a camperpark and there have been up to 18 vans waiting for a space for days and given up in the end and moved on. Seems like the only answer is a bit of wild or off grid for a week or so till vans start moving 🤔.

Upvote 0

rf9ridrer

Free Member
Sep 6, 2022
Funster No
MH
2007 ACE FIRENZE
Here in Spain as we speak, spaces where we have stayed, Camping Albox, Quintabella near Aguilas, and room here at Valencia Camper Park

• Informative
Reactions: f6c
Upvote 0
Sep 3, 2014
Eccles, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
American RV A Class
Exp
Since 2004
We are at area narejos never in 8/9 years of coming here have we seen it so rammed the town is too. MHs everywhere! We are in a 9m bay awaiting a larger one no one is moving and if they do there are 10 MHs on waiting list for a place.

Upvote 0

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
When will it start to get quieter in your experience’s jumar jumartoo gus-lopez ?
Mid March is the normal time we start to see the Costas Thinning out....then Easter arrives which brings the Spanish out in big numbers...normally the weekend before Easter...many pitches occupied, paid for, then deserted until the Thursday before Easter weekend...that how they make sure they have a spot...this normally applies to the Coast...inland it's quiet generally...
We are currently on an inland Camperstop for 40 vans....just us...it's 2°c

Upvote 0

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
When will it start to get quieter in your experience’s jumar jumartoo gus-lopez ?

Normally from the middle of March, but who knows this year, as there are so many to leave! Easter, high season, will be from 2nd to 9th April and popular places (coasts and tourist cities/towns) will be busy. It's always possible to find quiet spots in less popular areas though.

Upvote 0
Jan 2, 2022
North Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2019
Strange to hear they aren't taking bookings, as there are a fair number of physical spaces. One free for the last week behind me.
Currently on plot 50, was booked on plot 36 for a month & then decided to extend for another month. We arrived a day early, so they put us on plot 64 for a night & we then moved onto plot 50 for the duration. Think there may have been a bit of miscommunication between the admin team, as plot 36 has been free the last three days but we've witnessed them turning people away :unsure:
Wasn't this busy last year, even the car park is being utilised as overspill with at least 10 vans on it.

Upvote 0
Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Mid March is the normal time we start to see the Costas Thinning out....then Easter arrives which brings the Spanish out in big numbers...normally the weekend before Easter...many pitches occupied, paid for, then deserted until the Thursday before Easter weekend...that how they make sure they have a spot...this normally applies to the Coast...inland it's quiet generally...
We are currently on an inland Camperstop for 40 vans....just us...it's 2°c
Saw @jumartoo’s post on Tams thread. Looks like a beautiful spot - added to my mental ‘must do’ list 👍

Upvote 0
May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Spoke to this site today and they said that they are full but to try in the morning as the campers typically just up and go .
Apparently this year Spain has seen a massive increase in Motorhomes visiting from Germany , Belgium etc .
I agree that's what we found get to a campsite before Noon , several had moved off, and never had a problem and it was this time of year found Aires the same.

Upvote 0
Sep 9, 2016
Nr Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma 89
Exp
Since 2012
Any ideas?
If you want to go South then try Rancho Buena Vista 13 Km from Mazarron. Absolutely great if you want views and open countryside. It's located where the RM3 and RM33 joint just before Camposol, come off at Jcn 13 and double back then look for signs. Web address www.ranchobuenavista.es Email info@ranchobuenavista.es Phone Michael on 0034 609200053 or 0034 968100900, he is German and if you can speak German or Spanish it will help. Lovely Guy and family. All facilities, massive pitches around 10 Euros per night. Nothing on the site, Bar when busy and 1 Shower which is spotless. Camposol just down road with all shops, supermarket, restaurants etc. Went for 1 week stayed for 6 absolute peace and quirt. Michael can be a bit grumpy, but we put that down to the language barrier. We went out for a meal with him on 2 occasions and got on fine.
Remind him that Paul & Sandy with the 5th Wheel (sold it on now) recommended him to you, his free range eggs are something else and if you like model aircraft flying he has quite a collection..
Good Luck on your travels.

Upvote 0

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We're presently west of Albacete. There are a lot of serviced camperstops in a scheme. Some are paying €6.05 per night for parking. Services, showers and toilets and leccy are "extras" and each extra is €2.45.

Then there are others that are free. We're currently on one at a Bullring at El Bonillo. You have to call a number for access, but once in you have a spacious, gravel plot, some with their own water and leccy. The Internet signal in the area is superfast. This one is totally FREE.

Our present spot.
(Martin repairing the intermittently working back indicator).
IMG_20230212_143621.jpg
IMG_20230212_143648.jpg
IMG_20230212_143714.jpg

And all the villages participating in the scheme whether paid or free.
IMG_20230212_094856.jpg

Upvote 0
Dec 31, 2017
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Any ideas?
Sorry to hear that things are so busy, we will be trundling down to Spain next week and haven’t got anything booked, probably fancy a week at Benacassim before moving further South - fingers crossed 🤞

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back