Apr

Rally Stratford-upon-Avon Motorhome Show (2 Viewers)

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Is the racecourse far from the town?

If your thinking about how to get to town from the show / racecourse there is a pathway thats almost all off road and takes 25mins.
Comes out off the racecourse and follows an old railway line. Then meets the river where you can either cross a bridge and go through the big park or stay on the same side of the river and go via some small side roads and cut though the churchyard were Bill is buried. This bring you out at the theatre. Pleasant walk or you can cycle if you have bikes.

Alternative you can walk back up to main road and buses into town.

Aug 11, 2021
Brading, UK
Funster No
MH
Eldis Envy 185
Exp
Since 2019
If your thinking about how to get to town from the show / racecourse there is a pathway thats almost all off road and takes 25mins.
Comes out off the racecourse and follows an old railway line. Then meets the river where you can either cross a bridge and go through the big park or stay on the same side of the river and go via some small side roads and cut though the churchyard were Bill is buried. This bring you out at the theatre. Pleasant walk or you can cycle if you have bikes.

Alternative you can walk back up to main road and buses into town.

Thanks very much for all the info 😃 xx

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
I appreciate this is a bit of a long shot but does anyone know if there will be a trade stand at the show that could fit a solar panel? Complicated as I actually have the flexi panel as a kit and I’m only looking for someone to fit it!

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
TBH I've not been impressed with the show exhibitors in the last few years, not many and very little to offer unlike the Warners shows. Just had a quick check on the Appletree website and can't see an exhibitor list but I'd be surprised if there was someone who could do that job for you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 17, 2020
Funster No
MH
Knaus Traveller 545
Exp
Hi
We have just booked for the show and will be arriving on Wednesday
Fingers crossed for some decent weather.

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
TBH I've not been impressed with the show exhibitors in the last few years, not many and very little to offer unlike the Warners shows. Just had a quick check on the Appletree website and can't see an exhibitor list but I'd be surprised if there was someone who could do that job for you.
Agreed . It was more like a car boot sale . Some really weird non Motorhome related items for sale .

Lee Fryer

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Eastleigh
Funster No
MH
Coach built CI Carioca 15
Exp
Since June 2012
Vanbits were there last year

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
We are booked from Thursday but now planning on arriving Wednesday and hoping we can pay for the extra night on the gate🤞🤞🤞

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Well the van is sorted, cleaned and ready to be loaded up once again so it looks like we'll be arriving on Wednesday late afternoon - not booked will just pay on the gate, just in case as we can't get the new fridge fitted for a week or two.

Been watching the weather forecast though and it doesn't look too good. The problem with Stratford Racecourse is that the Severn floods easily if there's rain up in t'hills - couple of years ago we were moved off the pitches because of a flood warning, which however didn't actually materialise.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Well the van is sorted, cleaned and ready to be loaded up once again so it looks like we'll be arriving on Wednesday late afternoon - not booked will just pay on the gate, just in case as we can't get the new fridge fitted for a week or two.

Been watching the weather forecast though and it doesn't look too good. The problem with Stratford Racecourse is that the Severn floods easily if there's rain up in t'hills - couple of years ago we were moved off the pitches because of a flood warning, which however didn't actually materialise.
There is plenty of hard standing space on the stand side of the racecourse near the entrance. If it starts to flood thats where they will move you to. (y)

Oct 20, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 625
Exp
Since 2016 and caravanning before that
We would need biblical rain for a flooded Severn affects Stratford Racecourse. The Avon however....and Shottery Brook which runs by the course. Sorry pedants corner for me and no offence intended.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Oh *!x%$, looks like 2024 is going to be the year of no-motorhoming for us - well that's how I feel. This time it's just life getting in the way so unfortunately we're having to cancel our Stratford trip.
Disappointed but have Fun everybody>

Lee Fryer

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Eastleigh
Funster No
MH
Coach built CI Carioca 15
Exp
Since June 2012
image.jpg

All set up waiting for you all to arrive field is soft in places which we will be avoiding every where else is ferm so should be no problem

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Oh *!x%$, looks like 2024 is going to be the year of no-motorhoming for us - well that's how I feel. This time it's just life getting in the way so unfortunately we're having to cancel our Stratford trip.
Disappointed but have Fun everybody>
Sorry to hear this. Hopefully catch up again soon . 👍

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
View attachment 889096
All set up waiting for you all to arrive field is soft in places which we will be avoiding every where else is ferm so should be no problem
Well done Lee
All the best for Stratford. Hope you get some sunshine.
We wont make it this year but will catch up with you later.. enjoy Stratford. (y)

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Nice one Lee . We will be the usual late arrivals on Friday evening. Don’t worry ,we will find a space at the end of row if you are not about 👍

Mar 13, 2022
Funster No
MH
Dethleff’s Trend
We have booked to join you on Friday for 3 nights. We should be with you at lunch time.

Is there an area we should aim for?

Thank you

Mark and Mary (new members)

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
View attachment 889096
Good on you Lee
I have never got bogged down at Stratford 🤣 but I know a few that have when we used to park in the bottom field years ago.

Aug 11, 2021
Brading, UK
Funster No
MH
Eldis Envy 185
Exp
Since 2019
I had a lovely walk into Stratford this morning from the funster field.
A great flat and very scenic walk which was about 1.3 miles,it followed the river.
A nice cuppa in the RSC cafe followed by a walk around the shops.
Whilst sat in a cafe a bit later o recognized the fella and lady that came in after me.
"You're a funster" were my opening words!
As it turned out they came to Appledurcombe camp site where I organized a funster rally last June.
Roy couldn't quite believe he had bumped in to me.
I even grabbed a lift back with them after stocking up with a few provisions.It saved me walking back with it all so cheers Roy xx

Stratford-upon-Avon​

26th - 28th April 2024

Come and join us and take a look at new and used motorhomes, campervans & caravans from all your local and regional dealers. You can stay and enjoy up to 5 nights camping and enjoy 3 nights of fantastic live entertainment, a licensed bar and a variety of food options. Don't forget, your day ticket price is included if you're staying with us!

Camping starts from Wednesday 24th April until Monday 29th April.

For day visitors, the show starts on Friday 26th April until Sunday 28th April.

Explore Stratford-upon-Avon

The town sits proudly on the River Avon which flows through the middle of town, once a key factor as trade route and enhanced by linking with the British Waterways Canal network for the Midlands, the River is now used mainly for leisure activities. The focal point for many on the River Avon is the facade of The Royal Shakespeare Theatre.

Book it here

Sep 28, 2019
Newbury, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson 767 GA
Exp
Since 2018
I had a lovely walk into Stratford this morning from the funster field.
A great flat and very scenic walk which was about 1.3 miles,it followed the river.
A nice cuppa in the RSC cafe followed by a walk around the shops.
Whilst sat in a cafe a bit later o recognized the fella and lady that came in after me.
"You're a funster" were my opening words!
As it turned out they came to Appledurcombe camp site where I organized a funster rally last June.
Roy couldn't quite believe he had bumped in to me.
I even grabbed a lift back with them after stocking up with a few provisions.It saved me walking back with it all so cheers Roy xx
We’ve just come back from the town too. What a lovely walk it is.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
If anyone is interested I have a smallish plastic crate outside my van with bits and pieces to get rid of (downsized). There is a mozzi zapper, an EHU cable, silicone holder for filter coffee papers - sits on a mug. Grip/peg clips for Moroccan mats etc.
A new internal touch sensitive spot light (led) with built in USB.
I’m in the little white van (2nd row) with a Quest up and next to a Murvi.
Please come and help yourselves. FREE.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back