Apr

Rally Stratford-upon-Avon Motorhome Show (44 Viewers)

Aug 8, 2019
Chichester
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Broadway
Exp
Since 2019
We stopped at an amazing pub on the way back in Stretton-on-Fosse and had their signature dish half a roasted chicken.
Apparently it's only one of ten pubs left in the country that still roasts chickens and beef over an open fire

1000006162 (3).jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Thanks Lee for your hard work. Enjoyed the rally but it was a tad cold. I wimped out and left on Saturday, only because the weather forecast was for heavy rain overnight!
Hope the forecast was wrong and there are no problems with the ground.

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Been raining all night …. Thank god we are on the tarmac had enough, travelling the 5 miles home for breakfast

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
On our way home after a lovely weekend at Stratford. The entertainment was really good. Last night’s comedian was as funny as the real Peter Kaye, and Tom Jones looked and sounded (almost) like the real thing :rofl:

The full contingent of the Welsh Hooligans weren’t there, but there were enough to keep the party spirits going!

Thanks Lee Fryer Lee for your usual unflappable marshalling. Something tells me you’ll have your work cut out today though …

We missed you toledo Dave and Polly and send our love - you’de have given Tom a run for his money Dave!

We didn’t buy anything at the show - but that’s not what Stratford is about is it!

Nov 21, 2011
Rugeley
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savanah
Exp
Since 2009
Many thanks to Lee for his organisation and warm welcome thankfully we managed to get of the quagmire this morning but I am sure the stewards will be busy all day dragging people off. Goid luck to those of you still braving it out.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
If we get the rain that is predicated over the next two days, there is going to be a big problem getting through this section. It could by bypassed to the side but that only creates another bad section imo.
Bit of a mare getting out this morning and needed towing. Others also needed towing and its going to get a lot worse as still raining when we left and more forecast.
Inspite of the cold and the misrable weather we both enjoyed the meet and visiting the town. Agree with other's, Lee did a fantastic job. Many kind thanks. Keep Safe.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
well only 6 of us left the other 30 odd got off ok with about a dozen needing a tow
LOL! I watched two coachbuilts get out this morning, one right next to me, so very confident I would make it if I followed the same route as the one next to me. The standing water was about 1-2 inches deep and I was very surprised motorhomes were getting to the top track. All my tyres are Continetal Camper contact with a very good thread and so I set off with a smile on my face. Got to within 50 feet of the top track and she became stuck and for good measure pebble dashed the right hand side for good measure. Those two gents in the 4 Wheel drive had me out but I did wander how they would cope as the rain was still coming dowm and the field was turning into a bit of a lake. Hopefully some settled weather on the way and everybody gets out when they need too. It was a good meet ! That comedian was very, very, funy and Tom Tastic needs to loosen his underwear when hitting those long notes, I thought. :rofl::rofl:

Sep 28, 2019
Newbury, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson 767 GA
Exp
Since 2018
LOL! I watched two coachbuilts get out this morning, one right next to me, so very confident I would make it if I followed the same route as the one next to me. The standing water was about 1-2 inches deep and I was very surprised motorhomes were getting to the top track. All my tyres are Continetal Camper contact with a very good thread and so I set off with a smile on my face. Got to within 50 feet of the top track and she became stuck and for good measure pebble dashed the right hand side for good measure. Those two gents in the 4 Wheel drive had me out but I did wander how they would cope as the rain was still coming dowm and the field was turning into a bit of a lake. Hopefully some settled weather on the way and everybody gets out when they need too. It was a good meet ! That comedian was very, very, funy and Tom Tastic needs to loosen his underwear when hitting those long notes, I thought. :rofl::rofl:
But how many women threw their underwear up to him? 😂😂😂

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
But how many women threw their underwear up to him? 😂😂😂
Someone did, but she was much closer to the front! We didn’t see her throw them, so he may have magically produced them from his pocket! 🤣

Lucky Jackie Chocy boy wasnt there …. No one else would have got a look in …

IMG_5919.jpeg

:rofl:

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Thanking Lee again for the excellent marshalling. Sat in the field to SUN came out then Marshall's offered hard standing so moved there for night.
IMG_20240428_183420~2.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back