Sprinter (2005) wheel trims - advice/help please (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 9, 2023
Leeds, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner T-Star
Hi

We’re looking to buy some wheel trims for our 2005 Sprinter based Motorhome.

The problem we have faced is that due to the deep centre cap present some we have tried did no fit 🥹

Can this centre caps be removed ? And so do we need to replace them with any other centre caps or can we fit wheel trims without them?

Sorry if it’s sounds a stupid question but honestly I rather it sounds stupid then do something we’re not supposed to do.

Ideally we’d like a trim which leaves the bolt exposed as we’re using a Milenco compact wheel clamp.

Thanks in advance

IMG_8240.png

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
The Mercedes centre pulls off easily. However the wheel is still rather “dished” for all the trims which I tried. I ended up using cable ties to hold them in place, which wouldn’t be any use for your Milemco clamp.

Gordon

( The ties helped when my (ex) garage told me that they had serviced the brakes: “can you do that with the wheels in situ?” I asked the owner.
“No”
“Well how come my ties are still in place?” 😉)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
I
Aug 9, 2023
Leeds, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner T-Star
The Mercedes centre pulls off easily. However the wheel is still rather “dished” for all the trims which I tried. I ended up using cable ties to hold them in place, which wouldn’t be any use for your Milemco clamp.

Gordon

( The ties helped when my (ex) garage told me that they had serviced the brakes: “can you do that with the wheels in situ?” I asked the owner.
“No”
“Well how come my ties are still in place?” 😉)
Thanks for that 👍

Upvote 0
Jun 12, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
A class Pilote
Exp
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun