Spotted in Lidl today (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jun 30, 2022
Funster No
MH
burstner lyseo 590
Exp
March 2022
Found this today… I know a few of you rave about it so going to give it a try!! £1.79

IMG_6904.jpeg

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Great option for the van, they have gone up in price since I saw a vlogger recommend them.
Which Flavour?, or both of them?
I will await your results, hope its not a disappointment, as they would store so well with little weight in the van apposed to a big bag of spuds, that seem to sprout roots so quickly, even placed in a dark place.

My latest discovery, Porridge Oats with a large spoonful of peanut butter stirred in at the end, then topped off with a blob of Raspberry Jam. Always loved my porridge Oats, but put off putting Peanut Butter on mine until OH said go on, I will try it, so I tried hers and it was very pleasant indeed.(y)
LES

OP
OP
Go_buddy_go_
Jun 30, 2022
Funster No
MH
burstner lyseo 590
Exp
March 2022
Great option for the van, they have gone up in price since I saw a vlogger recommend them.
I will await your results, hope its not a disappointment, as they would store so well with little weight in the van apposed to a big bag of spuds, that seem to sprout roots so quickly, even placed in a dark place.

My latest discovery, Porridge Oats with a large spoonful of peanut butter stirred in at the end, then topped off with a blob of Raspberry Jam. Always loved my porridge Oats, but put off putting Peanut Butter on mine until OH said go on, I will try it, so I tried hers and it was very pleasant indeed.(y)
LES
Bought both… plain and cheesy

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.

LES
If you're watching your waistline, or sugar intake, a squirt of the zero sugar fruit flavourings livens up an otherwise dull breakfast.
Loving the "Flahavan's" Jumbo oats,so much more constitution to them.
Mike.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Found this today… I know a few of you rave about it so going to give it a try!! £1.79

View attachment 930763
I've never before tried packet mash but I've just put in the m/h one Cheddar and one Buttery that I bought on Tuesday in Tesco after the recommendation on here as I'm going away to a classic m/bike rally in Kent shortly. It's intended as simple comfort food - bangers, mash, beans - as it's bound to be chilly and wet.
Mashed potato.JPG

Oct 22, 2023
West Midlands, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail F60
Exp
Newbies as of June 2024
Check the pack size. The Lidl ones are "family packs" so may be bigger than the standard size pack.
When it says 'family size' how much roughly would a packet make? I doubt it would feed my family, but would it be enough for 2?

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
When it says 'family size' how much roughly would a packet make? I doubt it would feed my family, but would it be enough for 2?
Aye you'll be alright as it'll feed Jo and Jo! :whistle2: :getmecoat:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We find that the standard size of Mr Mash is more than sufficient for 4 adults so when we open a packet we only mix up half (I measure it in identical bowls or weigh it) and put the unused half back in the packet and seal it, it lasts for years that way. 😄

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
I've never before tried packet mash but I've just put in the m/h one Cheddar and one Buttery that I bought on Tuesday in Tesco after the recommendation on here as I'm going away to a classic m/bike rally in Kent shortly. It's intended as simple comfort food - bangers, mash, beans - as it's bound to be chilly and wet.
View attachment 930812
Beans, and windy. ;) :ROFLMAO:

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Horses for courses I suppose, but I don't see it as much of a hardship to carry, peel, boil then mash a spud, especially as 26% of the packet stuff isn't even tattie ?
Screenshot_2024-08-01-16-23-09.png

Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
On 3rd van so not a total newbie....
We've used Asda's before, cheese and onion, really nice, and I think only about 50-60p a packet!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back