Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
This thread is for the general discussion of the Motorhome Dealer Spinney Motorhomes. Hit the Review Button at the top of the page to leave a proper review. Feel free to discuss it below.

Jul 26, 2017
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 125
Exp
Since 2016
g3cwi posted a on the Motorhome Dealer

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Wow what a shocking review, would certainly put me off that

Is it in reality ?

If only we knew what >> and to cap it all the repairs failed again only a few month later << amounted to we could form a better opinion. Just what are "all the repairs" ?

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Is it in reality ?

If only we knew what >> and to cap it all the repairs failed again only a few month later << amounted to we could form a better opinion. Just what are "all the repairs" ?

Yes its a crap review but we need more detail.

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
I bought a new motorhome from Spinney and I had warranty work carried out. Spinney bent over backwards to help me get the work done. They did everything in their power to help me. The service manager was first class. Bearing in mind I travelled from Scotland to get the work done.
Only criticism for me was communication I did have to follow up every date agreed.

For me they were really good.

raysalaugh

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2011
Leyland
Funster No
MH
AT Delaware
Exp
since 2010
Overcab joint near side.jpg Rear Top Corner Off Side .jpg Bathroom Door Seal 3 .jpg Bathroom Door Seal.jpg Bathroom Door Seal 2 .jpg Crack in top rear panel where it joins side, same both sides. Repaired twice and still cracked now. Bathroom door seal split and detaching, renewed but failed again within
a few months due to incorrect fitting. Gaps where pod attaches to main body ( see pic ) reappeared after repair.
I showed the rear panel to a well known body repairer in Leyland and they said all Spinney had done was gelcoat
over the cracks instead of carrying out a long term repair.
Some people may have had good service, however my experience is of consistent poor aftersales service.
The person I dealt with at Spinney was obtuse and arrogant going out of their way to be as unhelpful as
possible. Also when they ring you and tell you the motorhome was repaired and ready for collection so give us
a ring before you set off and we'll make sure it's not blocked in, so we said we'll be there in 2hours.
When we arrive it's blocked in by 6 motorhomes, well it didn't matter because it had not been repaired so we had to leave it with them. Well I won't even start about the Airbag ECU failure that's another fiasco.
I think I'm entitled to be upset with them.

raysalaugh

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2011
Leyland
Funster No
MH
AT Delaware
Exp
since 2010
20171102_143424.jpg
20171002_155807.jpg 20171102_143424.jpg 20171002_155754.jpg This is the replaced washroom door seal if you look closely you can see the incorrect fitting, it was flexing on the door frame because it was attached to deep.
Also note the crack in the large picture same both sides of van this is after they had "repaired it ".

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
View attachment 291827 View attachment 291828 View attachment 291827 View attachment 291826 This is the replaced washroom door seal if you look closely you can see the incorrect fitting, it was flexing on the door frame because it was attached to deep.
Also note the crack in the large picture same both sides of van this is after they had "repaired it ".
What is their position on your problems now? Have you contacted the manufacturer? I can honestly say the service manager has been great, I have had work done when I had been touring. They give me a courtesy car for the day. More than once we have stayed over in our van in the car park.......happy days.
Maybe your problem is with the manufacturer, with Spinney doing their best to cover for them.
When I had problems with my van I had a conference with owner Ben Holland, Service Manager, the manufactures' Technical Manager and Warranty Officer all at Spinney's. And for my trouble both the manufacturer and the dealer very apologetic and gave me a few freebies AND paid for my fuel to travel from Scotland TWICE.

raysalaugh

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2011
Leyland
Funster No
MH
AT Delaware
Exp
since 2010
I gave up with Spinney so now I will have to pay for quality repairs instead of the bodge jobs they carried out.
As for Autotrail, after receiving an email from Spinney saying Autotrail had cancelled my warranty because I had them carry out the hab service 2 weeks too early I decided to speak to the warranty manager at Autotrail.
He said as far as he was aware there had been no contact with Spinney, also the early hab check could have been sorted out with them if they had contacted them. The bottom line is one employee at Spinney as been giving me the run around and trying to prevent me getting issues with my motorhome resolved.
She as cost them at least one customer, probably more.

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
Have a word with either Charles or Ben Holland ( owners ) if only to let them know of your experience, I am sure you will have a different outlook after speaking with them. I would also name the female to them.

raysalaugh

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2011
Leyland
Funster No
MH
AT Delaware
Exp
since 2010
I have already emailed Charlie he said I'll will look into it, next news he's past to her again and she says we will
do a goodwill repair.
I wasn't after any goodwill I just wanted them to rectify the recurring faults, anyhow I booked it in and they did
one repair only. It was the rear panel cracks top both sides and if you look at the photo's I've posted you can
see they bodged it again.
It's 110mile round trip every time x2 so it will be cheaper to have repaired closer to home by someone who knows
what they are doing.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back