Speaker wiring in Carthago

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago E line 50 D
Exp
I have just noticed the speaker is not working on the passenger side door. Checked speaker connection (all okay) Does anyone know where the speaker cable run to the amplifier? As must be a loose connection elsewhere

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
There will be a few connector blocks at the back of the head unit which push into the back of the radio/head unit.
You will have to take out the head unit using appropriate tool pushed in either side normally to allow the head unit to pull out.
My advice would be to take the van to any decent car audio shop, they will know how to get the head unit out, and probably have knowledge of the lhs/rhs front & rear speaker connections for each head unit, then they be able to check the continuity to the speaker. They will probably switch over the lhs/rhs speaker feeds to eliminate the possibility of a duff amplifier also.
A lot of car audio suppliers/fitters are mobile and come to your home these days, just google for a local one to you.
Good Luck
LES

OP
OP
G1969
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago E line 50 D
Exp
So having to got some of the dash dissembled , I managed to trace the wires to find they have been cut ####!! . I can only conclude that this was done by the dealer when they removed the door to have is repainted. I can get that mistakes happen, but poor really on such expensive MHs. To be fair this was done back in February, and I have only just noticed but no excuse….

Now back to the task of putting it back together
IMG_2015.jpeg
IMG_2013.jpeg

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
4+
That's appalling!

Have you managed to get it all connected again?

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Just not good enough!!
I may have missed it but was it a Carthago dealer?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
G1969
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago E line 50 D
Exp
Here what I also found, not sure when/ who did this. No big issue as behind blanking trim, but cannot unsee it now- again poor workmanship

IMG_2017.jpeg

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class
So having to got some of the dash dissembled , I managed to trace the wires to find they have been cut ####!! . I can only conclude that this was done by the dealer when they removed the door to have is repainted. I can get that mistakes happen, but poor really on such expensive MHs. To be fair this was done back in February, and I have only just noticed but no excuse….

Now back to the task of putting it back together
View attachment 970519View attachment 970520
That is shocking! I wouldn't normally defend most dealers but is it possible they subbed the paint job out to a local bodyshop? Well done on sorting it.

OP
OP
G1969
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago E line 50 D
Exp
They did, but the dealer took the door to them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back