Spain & France (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jun 6, 2020
Funster No
MH
Apache Hi Line 634
Are they connected ones? They have to be connected to comply with the new law coming in in 2026. This article warns against buying the cheaper ones, as they're a false economy.

Interesting re “connected” detail, not sure ours have this function - but will have a look over when next there.

Last edited:
Reactions: HKF

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
UK sticker now! 😇

Two corkscrews made me 🤣

PS: has there been any advice for those of us who can’t reach the roof to put the flashing beacon without getting a ladder out?
I have one in each vehicle...my car accepts the magnetic base of the beacon...
The MH is aluminium bodied...but I can put it through the bathroom or lounge roof light....
These lights are very effective...I need to change them soon as I have the earlier version, without GPS transmitter...which is an added feature...and legal....
My Citroen car has built in GPS transmitter which automatically calls the emergency services in the event of an accident...I can also push a button to do the same...very useful for accurate location advice...the emergency services call centre contact the activated distressed car/driver...to see what's needed...I can see the police being increasingly busy attending these activated beacon.

Last edited:

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
I have one in each vehicle...my car accepts the magnetic base of the beacon...
The MH is aluminium bodied...but I can put it through the bathroom or lounge roof light....
These lights are very effective...I need to change them soon as I have the earlier version, without GPS transmitter...which is an added feature...and legal....

Do you know if the GPS transmitter is on all the time or only when the beacon is switched on?

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Not just flashing lights they have a radio transmitter that transmits your position to the breakdown services.

gus-lopez will be able to advise.
Yes but both types are homologated .with & without.
Without, us peasants still have to ring for breakdown.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back