Sep

Rally Southwest Motorhome Show (Shepton) 2024 (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
May 10, 2024
Funster No
MH
Hymer B578
Exp
Just starting out
Warners dont check us in anyway, or do they. I thought Emmit and his better half were marshalls. :cool:

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
You have to get past the main gate with your ticket so Warners check you before the Funster marshalls say hello.

Unfortunately, as there are a few of you, I'll be putting you in your place as well as Lee and Emmit ;)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
You have to get past the main gate with your ticket so Warners check you before the Funster marshalls say hello.

Unfortunately, as there are a few of you, I'll be putting you in your place as well as Lee and Emmit ;)

Oooooh!

Someone putting Mrs Emmit 'in her place'.
I've been trying for years. The bruising goes down after a while. :rofl:

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
For the Funsters attending the Show and who have booked to stay in the Fun area could we please ask;

PLEASE DISPLAY YOUR 'FUN' ENTRY PASS IN YOUR WINDOW BEFORE YOU ARRIVE AT THE SHOWGROUND.

Thank you

May 10, 2024
Funster No
MH
Hymer B578
Exp
Just starting out
But it shows the VIN. Seriously plenty have got into shows with a lot less.
Rang Warners today. They said put sticker over reg number and write the new one in. Change of reg on new V5 arrived today as well.

Nov 8, 2022
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Laika EcoVip 3019
Exp
20 years +
The forecast for tomorrow and Friday is looking interesting, "a month's rain in two days" .. How well do the showground camp fields cope with wet weather? Should I be collecting bread trays and cutting them up or borrowing a land rover :)

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
The forecast for tomorrow and Friday is looking interesting, "a month's rain in two days" .. How well do the showground camp fields cope with wet weather? Should I be collecting bread trays and cutting them up or borrowing a land rover :)
I should have brought my drysuit. Guess who is going to get drenched tomorrow :frowny:

At the moment our area seems quite firm. But mats are often advisable in inclement conditions.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Bu&&er the showground.

How are the marshals going to cope.
I deliberately did not put a question mark on the above sentence because it isn't a question

You will be greeted in the downpour with a smile. It might be the smile babies do when they have wind, but it will be a smile.

Raiding the back of your local Spar shop for bread trays might be an idea, (a bad one if they catch you.)

Land Rover not needed. They've got "stuff" here that can outpull a Landy easily.

Last edited:

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Sprinter 416 Auto
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Screenshot_20240905_121011_Ventusky.jpg
Screenshot_20240905_120939_Ventusky.jpg
Screenshot_20240905_120924_Ventusky.jpg

Yep a little bit of liquid sunshine ,and possible sparkles 🙂

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
Here we go again. Batten down the hatches for another day of heavy rain ☔ ☔ ☔

When we left the isle of man a week ago the forecast was dry and warm. So no brollies or waterproofs packed. So if you see a couple in summer gear looking for brollies, it's us.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Glad we couldn't get the tickets for Bath now.

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
The last time I was there, nearly a decade ago. I had a van on display for sale on a dealer's stand. The site was really flooded out. I went over to pick it up at the end, and it was alone in the centre of a lake, everyone else had gone. No sale. So that memory was the reason I didn't book!

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Not quite sure which is wetter, outside or inside the van due to all the soaked clobber trying to drip dry from parking everyone up.

Are we having fun yet?

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
Not quite sure which is wetter, outside or inside the van due to all the soaked clobber trying to drip dry from parking everyone up.

Are we having fun yet?
My grandad used to say you can only get soaked through, then you can't get any wetter.

Not sure what his point was

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
It's a shame the weather is so bad there. Hopefully will cheer up and dry out a bit.

May 10, 2024
Funster No
MH
Hymer B578
Exp
Just starting out
In all this rain bucketing down, I`m glad of one thing.... It looks like no ingress :whew:. No solar, loads of condensation from wet clothes, no telly. Even the book stall is shut :groan::imoutahere:

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
We (Jac, I and the dogs) are driving down this Sunday to ‘have a look’ (;)) at some ‘vans……..hopefully we’ll bump into some of you - figuratively, not literally speaking of course!!!(y)(y)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
In all this rain bucketing down, I`m glad of one thing.... It looks like no ingress :whew:. No solar, loads of condensation from wet clothes, no telly. Even the book stall is shut :groan::imoutahere:
Ah! But, Ah! But!

We might??? be open tomorrow.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
At least the weather is better tomorrow. Torrential rain only...
Ah! But Ah! But!

We've just had a management meeting? and, after viewing the weather forecast, we have reluctantly decided to pack the books away tomorrow, (and hope we can put the store away before it gets another soaking.
Frustrating because we remember with fondness being here three years ago and as a result of selling many books, sending a big, fat, juicy cheque off to Prostate Cancer UK.

May 10, 2024
Funster No
MH
Hymer B578
Exp
Just starting out
Luckily I got mine but too flippin damp to stand trying to sell .It's a great cause though.

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
Simply Collins

Brilliant

Sep 30, 2021
South West, UK
Funster No
MH
Wildax PVC
Exp
2yrs in & over 20% of nights 'out'
Before I commit to a 'day' visit, how are conditions today and how is the show generally (non-camping/non-entertainment stuff)?

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
Before I commit to a 'day' visit, how are conditions today and how is the show generally (non-camping/non-entertainment stuff)?
It's fine. The exhibition area is the same as always and the weather has not really affected it. Lots of crowds yesterday despite the rain and I'll bet it's busy again today.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Question for Funsters at Shepton Mallet (and elsewhere)

May 10, 2024
Funster No
MH
Hymer B578
Exp
Just starting out
Would anyone here at the rally, have a spare powervalcal 5 fuse? Its the big one on the vehicle battery. Mines blown. TIA

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Take the expired fuse with you into the show tomorrow, Sunday. A number of stands may have something that works. Paticularly offgridpowersolutions had a number of fuses on display.

May 10, 2024
Funster No
MH
Hymer B578
Exp
Just starting out
Take the expired fuse with you into the show tomorrow, Sunday. A number of stands may have something that works. Paticularly offgridpowersolutions had a number of fuses on display.
Thanks. I went to offgrid yesterday and bought a pack of 5 fuses that look similar but they are the wrong type.
Popped into John Sims Services and he might be able to find what we need and he will ring or pop over to have a look today sometime. John is a lovely bloke and seems so knowledgeable. Unlike us.
This particular fuse is here:
I called breakdown through Comfort on Tuesday. I was in a garage for gas refill. He diagnosed this fuse was the problem and bodged it to get me home as he didnt have the correct fuse to fit. I think he bypassed it. Next day I got a fuse from Adams Morey parts dept and went to the workshop to get fitted. As it turns out they just gave me a 30 amp spade fuse. Add to this nightmare. The Immobiliser wouldnt turn off due to the fitter didnt install correctly and the settings got corrupted. So Im in Adams Morey yard and couldnt start the van to move into workshop.. I was asked to move constantly but couldnt. So with assistance on phone with tracker/immobiliser guy, he told me how to change the settings and started the van.
Back to parts dept and they dont have the fuse in stock.
By now its almost 6pm and we need to get away next day to get to Shepton Mallet.
I thought i`d get the part I need here, Surely. Ive asked everyone on the stalls who looks like they might have what I need, but no joy.

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Hmm looks to be another spare some of us may think of carrying. Of course question is what fault caused it to blow.

May 10, 2024
Funster No
MH
Hymer B578
Exp
Just starting out
Apparently, It`s a slow blow fuse. I stalled the engine and that`s when it happened.
Like I said. He did a temporary fix. When we got here I took the old fuse out to be able to use as a template to show what it was I needed as just showing pictures didnt give enough info. Ive left it with John Sims`s wife. Hopefully he can suss it. In future I`ll carry a spare, and a spare spare.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back