:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
3 for the bus if any room left otherwise we can sit on the fence with unflair :)

triclops

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2013
Bury
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Born again
And 2 more for the bus please - still got my trusty crutch, so no intention of walking :smiley:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Julie And Rod

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lichfield
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a Newbie
Hi, Sorry to be a pain, but we are 'Newbies' both to your forum, and to Motorhoming. Just wondering if we are too late to tag along to your Southport rally, preferably to come along to Saturday/ Sundays meals/ bus journey, but if not, just to stay on Friday and Saturday night. This would be our first trip in our new purchase, and as you seem a friendly bunch, thought this would be a good intro to our newly discovered freedom.

OP
OP
graham&shirley

graham&shirley

Free Member
Jul 1, 2014
Preston lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV A class
Exp
Hi, Sorry to be a pain, but we are 'Newbies' both to your forum, and to Motorhoming. Just wondering if we are too late to tag along to your Southport rally, preferably to come along to Saturday/ Sundays meals/ bus journey, but if not, just to stay on Friday and Saturday night. This would be our first trip in our new purchase, and as you seem a friendly bunch, thought this would be a good intro to our newly discovered freedom.

Hi Julie and Rod
Welcome to this mad house.
Your welcome to come along and join us.
I will need your menus asap for the Saturday night do. Put you on the bus list.
Anything you need just ask, if you read over the last posts on here I think most
of it is covered.
Looking forward to meeting you.
Shirley and Graham

OP
OP
graham&shirley

graham&shirley

Free Member
Jul 1, 2014
Preston lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV A class
Exp
Got the menu and time 6-30pm

Starters..........
Prawn cocktail
Melon & Parma Ham
Soup of the Day?
Garlic Mushrooms
BBQ Spare Ribs.

Mains.............
Traditional Roast Turkey & trimmings
Homemade Lasagne
Salmon al Mare (poached fillet served with a seafood & cream sauce)
Rump Steak
Veggie options (ask on the day)

Desserts...........
Sherry Trifle
Christmas Pudding
Chocolate Fudge Cake
Tiramisu.
Ice Cream
Price to follow but we will do a good deal;):LOL:

OK got the deal sorted.

The above menu Mon-Thus and Sun is £14-95
On a Fri & Sat its £16-95.
BUT
We have done the deal and got it for £12-50 plus a free glass of wine or soft drink.

The people that went to the Restaurant last time will let you know what it was like.

Meal info for our newbies

Julie And Rod

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lichfield
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a Newbie
That's great news., and thank you for allowing us to join you at short notice.
Menu's -
1 Garlic mushrooms
1Prawn cocktail
1 Steak
1Turkey
2 Trifle
Is there any dress code? Also don't know if this is the right place to ask, but as this will be our 'virgin' trip, can anyone tell us if there is anything we need to know about using the van without a hook up ( ie with ref to charging/using leisure battery, water/toilet issues etc)

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
Is there any dress code? Also don't know if this is the right place to ask, but as this will be our 'virgin' trip, can anyone tell us if there is anything we need to know about using the van without a hook up ( ie with ref to charging/using leisure battery, water/toilet issues etc)
you will need a 5 millon zigavolt generator with no exhaust, lots of dogs or other large amimals coows and bullolocks anti gasing kit. But all of these can be forgoten if you have a sence of hummer looking forward to meeting you.
Steve

OP
OP
graham&shirley

graham&shirley

Free Member
Jul 1, 2014
Preston lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV A class
Exp
Julie and Rod
So pleased your pleased your coming:)
Don't forget the candles as they give out heat and light;)
It's an Adventure your on, enjoy the ride :)
Shirl and Graham

ps No dress code just casual smart or whatever

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
...... and we won't even mention trying to put our make up on in the dark and the van rocked by gale force winds at Southport
upload_2014-10-19_19-37-13.jpeg

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
If you use too much power the lights will go out, so then just knock on the door of somebody who still has lights on and hopefully their heating will be working as well.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)

When you get there don't be put off by the number of people, just say hello say you are new to Fun and motorhoming, if you look under recourses you will see Motorhome Stuff and can down load and print off a Motorhome Fun name badge for your van. Welcome look forward to saying hello :welc:

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Two more for the bus please, not of course because I need the bus but have you seen the price of shoe leather these days? :whistle:

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Also don't know if this is the right place to ask, but as this will be our 'virgin' trip, can anyone tell us if there is anything we need to know about using the van without a hook up ( ie with ref to charging/using leisure battery, water/toilet issues etc)
About the only thing you need to know in advance is that ideally you should arrive with your batteries fully charged. Whether your 100 mile drive will achieve that will depend on the charging system your van has - many won't. So if you are able to do so, it would be worth plugging the mains hookup lead in at home & turning on the charger for 12-24hrs before you set off.

I say turn on the charger - many don't need turning on - they are on automatically as soon as you connect the 230v
system.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
BUT if like me you have no access to be able to charge up the van battery, don't let it stop you coming .. there is always a way round everything.... if you have a solar which goes from solar panel, to leisure battery, to van battery it will probably suffice all the time ... I have never been on hook up for many, many months ... just come along and enjoy yourselves and make a note of any questions you want to ask once you meet everyone.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back