Sourcing parts / part numbers

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Renault Master II
Hi folks, I have had a minor calamity where my side door came of its rails, and then my loading door also broke within a few days of each other! :eek: Was meant to be heading over to Europe this week, but am going to have to stick around until it's all fixed...

I brought the van to a garage and they asked me to source the parts myself off Ebay as they are pretty swamped and would not have much time to do so. However I am finding it challenging to find out exactly what parts I need, as any lists of door parts online seem to list individual parts separately (and not all parts in a system), and I'm finding it difficult without part numbers to know if I'm buying everything needed. That garage can only book me in to do the work on a Saturday, so I want to be fairly confident I have all the parts needed before bringing her in again!

My van is a Renault Master II Minibus 2.5 dCi 120 hp Diesel (2007), and for the side door I need all 3 rails (top, middle and bottom), rollers and roller guides replaced. The closing mechanism for one of my loading doors at the back has also broken and needs replacing (I think it is the part that the locking mechanism halfway up the height of the door clicks into, but I'm not sure - I have only spoken to the garage over the phone since that happened, they've not seen that bit in person).

Does anyone have advice for figuring out all the part numbers I need? Or a recommendation for a helpful online store that might help me to know what part numbers I need/might stock all of these parts?

I think I will call back the garage today and ask them if they can tell me the part numbers required. If they can't l am thinking I might call another nearby garage, see if they will look at it and tell me the part numbers and/or order the parts for me.

Has anyone been in this kind of situation before / got some advice for me?

Thanks folks, keep rollin' 🤟

68c

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
I would go to your local Renault dealer with a bag of doughnuts and beg the parts guy to give you a look at the parts you need, you will need your VIN. If it can only be displayed on screen ask if you can take a photo of it. Sadly old fashioned physical parts book do not exist.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Rupulu
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Renault Master II
Thanks 68c :smiley:
So frustrating that online sites/catalogues for buying parts exist, but they're never comprehensive or showing everything in a system as a complete set!
I have just called back the garage, and thankfully the helpful guy was on reception this time! He's going to call their supplier to try to get a list of the part numbers I need for me, hopefully he can do that and then I can order everything off Ebay (fingers crossed!)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back