Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I am critical of your suspicions as in your first post on this thread.

I do not believe the OP was trying to lure solo motorhomers to lonely spots so a "ruthless gang" could rob them.

I have a more positive attitude to people (based on my experiences) which, it appears, some folk think is naive.

There are so many more good, kind, helpful motorhomers (especially on MHF) than there are horrid ones.

As for women handing over money to con men... what the hell has that got to do with us solo motorhomers?

That's more than enough from me on this matter...

Everyone have a brilliant week...

JJ :cool:

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Not surprised she has not been back after the response she has had.
Lots of folk like to go to isolated places, especially those who have to deal with humanity daily in their working life. giving the info of what she likes. Would she have had the same negative response had she said she likes all singing all dancing sites?
Can understand the warnings due to the recent event in spain, am sure the solo ladies on here are aware.
Hope too that this lady was not referred here by a funster.
There are several ladies only groups on FB and know some are also Fun members. All, even those who like remote areas suggest meeting up first,

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I don't know why you are so critical of my warning to female solo travellers. Have you not read of the many women who hand over large amounts of money to distant men who charm them with the offer of love and romance. Quite elaborate and complicated plots. In the above case the women could be easily handing a 100k motorhome over to them, plus the likelihood of physical abuse. Just trying to look after people with my warning.
Do you think men are never scammed ?

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
I don't think Parrot Face is saying anything like that. They've only mentioned women because the OP is female. Anyone can be scammed. And that's the purpose of the warning.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
I don't think Parrot Face is saying anything like that. They've only mentioned women because the OP is female. Anyone can be scammed. And that's the purpose of the warning.
Please re read post #29.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
No, but if I'd received spurious posts suggesting I was on the lookout to fleece or rob is be looking elsewhere

And, if you had been on the lookout to fleece or rob, it would be better for us all if you looked elsewhere. Hypothetical, of course. Not aiming this directly at you, just using the example you gave.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
I read it. It says 'warning to female solo travellers' in response to the OP being female. Nowhere does it say only women get scammed.
It clearly singles out women , handing over amounts of money .

But , you can interpret it as you wish.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back