acenip

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2012
Armagh
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
I had a lot of help from the Fun community recently with the setting up of my solar and lithium. I thought I'd start a new chat regarding the use of the various things and recharging. Currently we're enjoying a decent bit of sunshine so that's been useful working things out.

My shunt reading this morning was 74% as shown. From what I've read bringing the ah back to zero is goal. Is this correct? Are there any other stats from this screenshot I need to consider?

Screenshot_20240921-080923.jpg

Screenshot_20240921-093804.jpg

OP
OP
acenip

acenip

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2012
Armagh
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
So if there's no alternative power source to charge, hookup, or alternator because we're not driving and the overall charge is dropping each day, what percentage would you expect our appliances to fail to work?

Oct 17, 2023
Funster No
MH
Fiat Based Hymer
So if there's no alternative power source to charge, hookup, or alternator because we're not driving and the overall charge is dropping each day, what percentage would you expect our appliances to fail to work?
One of the advantages of LiFePO4 lithium batteries is that the voltage stays very constant as the batteies discharge.

All of the appliances on our Sterling Power batteries continue to work right down to the point at which the BMS switches off the batteries to protect them.

Not recommended to do that too often !!

OP
OP
acenip

acenip

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2012
Armagh
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
We actually have a 200ah LiFePO4 battery, so good to know we can take it that far. As it's a new installation it's going to take a bit of time to figure it out. The good thing is all the gas stuff is still here if we go to far.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
You may find if you allow your battery to get that low that the BMS turns it off that you may have difficulty recharging it again, personally I'd be finding some method of charging it when it gets down to around 15%, go for a drive or get on hookup.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back