Solar setup..... Fuse locations (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 13, 2023
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E695
I've got a victron panel and victron mppt Controller going straight to the leisure battery.

Where should the fuse locations be?

Straight after the mppt controller on positive leg? Anywhere else?

Also I've seen people talk about isolation switches, should this be between the panel and the controller in the van?

OP
OP
G
Feb 13, 2023
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E695
Ok, just found this....

So fuse close to battery (which i have), as looks like the controller has its own fuse built in.

So think i just need to sort some from of isolation switch between the solar panel and the mppt controller. Any recommendations on what i need to purchase for this?

Cheers all :)
1721121837719.png

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
Yes, fuse close to leisure battery positive terminal. A single panel doesn't really need a fuse. Three or more panels should have a fuse, a bit bigger than the likely maximum working current. Two panels, maybe put in a fuse if you want.

The 'DC Loads' connected to the 'Load' terminals are not used in a motorhome application. All the dc loads are already connected to the leisure battery, and suitably fused. The load terminals have nothing wired to them.

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
I have fuse near batteries and added a manual on/off fuse next to my solar controller so I can turn solar off if fiddling with batteries or resetting solar controller.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back