Jul 13, 2019
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer Bclass ML 780T
Exp
Since 2003
Another toilet thread for those feeling deprived😴
Just curious, what other SOG toilet users add to the human sourced content, if anything, and whether there are any real or perceived environmental benefits.
We have added a small amount of Ecover clothes washing liquid in the past.
Currently adding a bit of Elsan organic fluid as we have some left from non SOG days.
Whatever, there is no smell in the van, just a a bit pongy when dumping. I doubt there is any or much decomposition as I empty every day when possible. When the Elsan runs out not sure I'll bother with anything.

Mar 22, 2023
New Forest, United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 74C
Exp
Since 2005
I was thinking of adding a bit of Thetford Green as my poo has got more smelly as I have got older.

I am worried about the septic tank that we empty into though, assured it is OK but the tank will not like it if the bacteria is attacked.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
I only use the pink stuff watered down in a trigger bottle to clean & deodorise the loo pan. I have half a large bottle to use up from our caravanning days 6 years ago, it goes a long way.:giggle:
LES
Noticed the OP avatar name Mzracer, wondered if that was an acronym for Macerator, well its pretty close eh? :giggle:

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
We started off using Thetford Green, but the cost seems crazy since they moved to the concentrated formulation (it doesn’t seem concentrated enough to justify the cost.)
So next time we changed cassette we went over onto Aldi/Lidl bio washing liquid, which seems to work fine , even if it does create foam in the emptying point.

I2C

Free Member
Feb 2, 2015
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2000
I know with a SOG you don’t need to but I add Thetford Blue for peace-of-mind, and for when the fan stops working!

GerTee

LIFE MEMBER
May 9, 2016
Near Fareham
Funster No
MH
Burstner iXeo
Exp
Since 2016 - UK & Europe
We don't use anything in ours, but we do try to empty every day. If things start to honk we shove a biological capsule in for a day, usually works. Failing that Zoflora is the heavy duty chemical of choice.

Team GerTee

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
We use Aldi bio tabs or liquid ,plus we use a hand pressure spray for flushing that also has dilute bio washing liquid in it.
Seems to work for us.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
I know with a SOG you don’t need to but I add Thetford Blue for peace-of-mind, and for when the fan stops working!
The fan only stops when the blade is closed so the pong is not coming from the cassette. Shouldn’t need any of the nasty blue stuff which is probably more dangerous than the poo it is hiding.

Mar 22, 2023
New Forest, United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 74C
Exp
Since 2005
I only use the pink stuff watered down in a trigger bottle to clean & deodorise the loo pan. I have half a large bottle to use up from our caravanning days 6 years ago, it goes a long way.:giggle:
LES
Noticed the OP avatar name Mzracer, wondered if that was an acronym for Macerator, well its pretty close eh? :giggle:
No Mzracer is a motorcycle thing !!

I2C

Free Member
Feb 2, 2015
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2000
The fan only stops when the blade is closed so the pong is not coming from the cassette. Shouldn’t need any of the nasty blue stuff which is probably more dangerous than the poo it is hiding.
It does when the fan brakes (which ours did), I know it doesn’t pong when it’s closed…

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Where did I say that? I have, and use, the loo and have the Thetford version of the SOG ventilation fan
is this the one you have peterc10

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
is this the one you have peterc10

No my toilet is not the C200

That's the one for my C260. You first need to find out what model your toilet is. If is like mine you will need to drill a hole through your floor below

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back