Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 29, 2018
County Durham, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer Free 600
Exp
Only a year
I am tired of having to slam and maybe slam again the sliding door on our Fiat Ducato based Hymer PVC.
I found mention of a AST zuziehhilfe system but there seems to be very little info in English.
Has anyone fitted this or something similar?
Oh, I did find that they are only for RH - driver side doors so not applicable to UK built PVCs

Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
Motor and mechanicals will be the same , fixing brackets will right or left handed.

Toyota have been fitting slow/auto close doors since the 90's - maybe an avenue to explore?

May 11, 2023
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 540
Our 2923 Globecar Summit came with soft close fitted, seems to be standard on them. Works nicely, but does creak a bit!
I think I saw something on possleforum.de (using google translate!) that suggested they might fail after a few years. Maybe because of this, the original catch was supplied in a bag of bits!

Nov 2, 2022
Gloucestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Eliseo C602
Exp
Since 2016
I found mention of a AST zuziehhilfe system but there seems to be very little info in English.
I have looked at this one as our Burstner PVC but it's easier to fit when there is no existing furniture over the C pillar. Also, if the door has a fly screen, this may need a hole cut in it. So that has put me off!

They do left and right-hand door versions. List here: https://ast-zuziehhilfe.de/preise

The fitting instructions are in English as well as German. You need to select the correct version here:

For example, Ducato after 2006/04 is here: https://ast-zuziehhilfe.de/wp-conte...nstruction-AST-Closing-aid-SC1.1-R-L-V1.6.pdf

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back