Small van, small essentials? (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 26, 2023
Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
Citroen Relay PVC
Exp
Since 2010 but ltd experience.
I've had a good look at the 'search' option but I think I'm pretty hopeless at narrowing it down. 🙄
A new small van, have you any recommended essentials?
I have absolutely nothing and very little storage so any suggestions welcome!
Shall I start?...a corkscrew? 😬😏

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Definitely not an expert on anything but would a larger compressor fridge you are considering not then need additional battery power, solar panels.
Paper plates save on water, and can bend around corners, a small spray bottle to use in the toilet after a wee also saves water.
We are not tv fans, if we miss a programme we miss a programme, 99% of the time we wildcamp, a tee light can be our lighting of choice of an evening simply enjoying whatever view we have, should the lights be scented even better.
I do have two leisure batteries and a solar panel and lots of bling lighting in my van, should help when l sell it. 😀

Upvote 0
Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
For chairs, this previous from me might help...

Pete

Upvote 0

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
4+
S hooks. About 3 inches long.

Multiple uses. Always have one in my wash kit for those showers with no decent hooks.

Plastic, or stainless steel, but if steel get the ones with a bobble on the end.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

stuartholmes

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 18, 2022
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1989
For chairs, this previous from me might help...

Pete
Just found them at only £24, then realised it's just for tho bag....
We bought some nice ones for a fiver in some camping shop sale & they've given us squillions of use..

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Krazykate
Feb 26, 2023
Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
Citroen Relay PVC
Exp
Since 2010 but ltd experience.
We've got a Fifer M too, I thought they were all fitted with compressor fridges, mine has one (isotherm) in the space below the wardrobe, its more than big enough for the two of us.

Check out Night Owls, a bit like a sleeping bag duvet, we have 2 that roll up and store nicely in the overhead locker with room to spare, they can zip together as a double if req'd.

Pete
Going to see how it goes with the fridge. I have found one that reaches right up below that cupboard from 60-90 litres, does take away one single bed though. We'll see how it goes. I'm sure we'll change things around loads of times!
Definitely not an expert on anything but would a larger compressor fridge you are considering not then need additional battery power, solar panels.
Paper plates save on water, and can bend around corners, a small spray bottle to use in the toilet after a wee also saves water.
We are not tv fans, if we miss a programme we miss a programme, 99% of the time we wildcamp, a tee light can be our lighting of choice of an evening simply enjoying whatever view we have, should the lights be scented even better.
I do have two leisure batteries and a solar panel and lots of bling lighting in my van, should help when l sell it. 😀
good point re fridge, we have battery power and solar panels, dealer saying little difference.🤷‍♂️Going to Sainsburys tomorrow to stock up so we'll see!
Thanks for your other tips. We're torn by the dishes thing, in our last wee old van we had china, have melamine plates but I believe you can't used them hot for chemical ingestion. Haven't seen any nice bamboo, so paper is maybe the answer, lovin the no washing up idea!
We're not TV fans either but we have stuff downloaded on an iPad and I have a big Powerbank to top up stuff if needs be.
Dont even know how the lights work but I reckon we'll find out! 😆

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back