SIM cards for use in EU. EE free roaming SIMs.

Likes collected
Funster No
Over the last three days I have had a SIM card delivered from Tescomobile for my WIFI and upgraded my EE SIM for my phone.

Firstly the Tescomobile SIM was for 100GB on a two year deal for £14/mth which includes EU roaming of the full 100Gb. Now the blurb says no roaming charges until after 2025 but, today I was in a Tesco Mobile shop, as my MIFI working and they told me that the free EU roaming is for the length of your contract, and that if you took out a three year contract it would cover the whole three years. The good thing with Tesco Mobile is that they keep the same monthly cost for the length of your contract. Incidentally the guy in the shop was struggling to get my MIFI to work on the internet. I suggested that the APN might be the issue. He googled something, and suddenly he had cured my problem. He admitted he had used information from something called Motorhome Fun! 🤣

Now I have EE WIFI as well as an EE SIM which was on an old contract with 160GB which I could use on roaming for free. My wife also had a phone contract which was coming to an end, but we were reluctant to end it as she also had free roaming. However on the MyEE App, which EE customers use to control their contracts they were offering new deals for those with multiple products (broadband and phone). They were offering an unlimited data SIM with free EU roaming and a choice of one other add on (I chose Netflix) for £22/month on a one month rolling contract! When I asked the EE customer operative if there was any cap on the data for this unlimited data, he said “Yes, but it’s 600Gb”. My wife took a slightly lesser package as she didn’t get the Netflix add on, for £16. She had been paying £44 for her phone contract and I had been paying £28 for my SIM. So we have cut our bill from £72 to £38 per month with 600GB each for Roaming. I’m happy with that. I think that 1300GB of data per month should just about cover us when abroad.

Incidentally they also do a similar package for the EU and beyond!

Just thought I would put the info out there for everyone and thank those who put the info about the Tesco Mobile APN out there. More than paid for my membership. 👏👏👏

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back