Silver Cab Nose Cosys? (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Nov 18, 2022
Holmfirth, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 135
New to MH-ing, I find it gets flipping hot when the sun shines - anywhere - (UK, France, Spain)
I’ve got concertina cab blinds but notice that a lot of folk have silvered nose cosys. Because they haven’t got concertina blinds or because they are a lot better? Are they a Good Idea or am I barking up the wrong tree?
It would need to be external on my Peugeot Boxer cab. (No AC as I’m usually off grid)

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
We use one in winter to stop condensation and keep a bit of warmth in or when it’s very hot in summer to help keep the interior cooler, we have the central section that can be turned down for additional light or viewing.

Ours is a Silver Screen. Costa vary by model but likely to be £100 - £200.

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Minster products/Polar technologies do a 'privacy mesh' which keeps the sun out but lets you see out.

IMG_4776.png

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
We've got Taylormade screens and, probably, the best "accessory" we've bought given the condensation and heat reflection mentioned above.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Silver screen ones do work well. We use them if we’re staying in one place in the winter months . In the hot weather we’re usually moving about so don’t bother. If we were in one place and the weather was hot we might but we tend to open up and get out!

We want as little faffing as possible setting up. We are lazy. Brake on and done or as close as possible!

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Silver screen ones do work well. We use them if we’re staying in one place in the winter months . In the hot weather we’re usually moving about so don’t bother. If we were in one place and the weather was hot we might but we tend to open up and get out!

We want as little faffing as possible setting up. We are lazy. Brake on and done or as close as possible!
We find it's well worth the 5 minutes to get them on and off. Keeps the cab area much cooler. (y)

Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
On 3rd van so not a total newbie....
We find it's well worth the 5 minutes to get them on and off. Keeps the cab area much cooler. (y)
We're in the same camp as Carolyn, handbrake on, jack's down, turn seats.
They might keep the cab cooler, but surely it is like sitting in a cave.....

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Exactly, I like it to be light and airy, I also need to be keeping an eye on people to make sure they’re behaving themselves! Ours don’t have a flap you can pull down and I certainly don’t like them enough to buy another set.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Not really cave like for us as we've got full skylight above and windows both sides.

Can also pull down centre if we wanted.

Rather that than sitting in an oven with the sun on your back.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Not really cave like for us as we've got full skylight above and windows both sides.

Can also pull down centre if we wanted.

Rather that than sitting in an oven with the sun on your back.
I’d be outside if it was like that. Ours is a PVC so once the silver screens are on they cover the front and side windows. Certainly a place for them and they do work well I agree. I wouldn’t want to put the OP off. When we were stationary in Beni for weeks at a time pre Covid they were great.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
So far I have avoided silver screens, I like looking out too much. In colder weather I use a window vac to mop up any condensation. Not yet experienced a winter in this van and the blinds are less well insulated than the previous Compactline so I will avoid saying never.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
We had internal blinds supplied with our first van, the condensation was a nuisance, bought silver screens, with drop down front, 14 years on still using same ones, love them in the winter and in the summer when parked up for a few days are a godsend.
You can even leave a cab window open for a whole week for extra ventilation when it is really hot ;) Only discovered as we were packing up to leave 🤣

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back