Side Marker Lights not working

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest
Hi All,
I should be grateful if you could help me out with an issue on my Elddis Autoquest 2014 in which the top front, back top and bottom (orange) marker lights are not working. The only thing I could find to be a problem is that a 10 amp fuse was blown by the driver side / below safety belt wiring loom (see photo / yellow circle) and although I replaced the fuse it blew straight away when I put on the lights (from the main light stalk).

I then took out the bulbs which all appear to be working, and disconnected the earth wire on the bottom marker lights. Unfortunately, when I tried a new fuse to what I thought would be a bulb free system, the fuse blew again.

Although, this may be a visit to the Dealership, but I thought I would check with you guys first for any thoughts?

Thanks.

IMG_0246.jpeg

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
It could be worth looking at the wiring to see whether you have a cable trapped ,& shorting,somewhere?

I would also be surprised if that fuse was anything to do with the vehicle wiring?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Afternoon, just a quick question do you have a tow bar fitted?

Cheers

OP
OP
K
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest
Hi, Thank you for your reply, and yes there is a tow bar fitted to the MoHo, but I don’t use it myself, as it was fitted before I purchased it. Thanks again.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Hi, Thank you for your reply, and yes there is a tow bar fitted to the MoHo, but I don’t use it myself, as it was fitted before I purchased it. Thanks again.
The reason I ask is I had a very similiar problem with my swift. Indicator on and top marker light would flash, press lock on fob and break lights would flash and several other combinations. So checked the main under body socket from the cab to back of MOHO and also the earth from this socket all was good. Then discob=nected the tow bar electris from inside the garage area and everything worked fine. Plugged the tow bar back in and problems back again. So disconnected the tow bar and inspected the actual plug and found several wires that were loose. Re-tightened them all and a good clean and everything worked fine. It supprised me that this could cause so many small light problems but I suppose that electrics.

Good luck

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
K
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest
Great, and much appreciated and I’ll will check out the the tow bar plug tomorrow.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Hi All,
I should be grateful if you could help me out with an issue on my Elddis Autoquest 2014 in which the top front, back top and bottom (orange) marker lights are not working. The only thing I could find to be a problem is that a 10 amp fuse was blown by the driver side / below safety belt wiring loom (see photo / yellow circle) and although I replaced the fuse it blew straight away when I put on the lights (from the main light stalk).

I then took out the bulbs which all appear to be working, and disconnected the earth wire on the bottom marker lights. Unfortunately, when I tried a new fuse to what I thought would be a bulb free system, the fuse blew again.

Although, this may be a visit to the Dealership, but I thought I would check with you guys first for any thoughts?

Thanks.

View attachment 969220

Normally, the top and bottom marker light on an Elddis are fused in the CBE SRX 250 relay unit, which is at the bottom of the driver's side "B" post behind the black plastic trim.

1729698761111.png

OP
OP
K
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest
Brilliant and thank you, and this is another one to go on my checklist.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back