Side marker light bulb replacement Hymer (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
Does anyone know how to remove the cover on this light to replace the bulb please? Its near the roof on the side. Not really sure what its called. I can see screws inside the cover but don't know how to get at them. Thank you
IMG_20240820_113432220.jpg

OP
OP
Hils and Glenns

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
I can't see any screws in the photo. Does the cover spring off - thin bladed screwdriver?
Thanks for your response. It might spring off. I was hoping someone knew the answer before having a go. My husband isn't handy and is quite clumsy :rolleyes: so it helps if he knows for certain before he has a go. :giggle:

Upvote 0

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
La La Land
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Does anyone know how to remove the cover on this light to replace the bulb please? Its near the roof on the side. Not really sure what its called. I can see screws inside the cover but don't know how to get at them. Thank you
View attachment 937702
DavidG58 might know, I'm sure he's knocked a few off in his time :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Terry's not too sure if it just unclips, so wouldn't like to say....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Hils and Glenns

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
Upvote 0

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
That looks like it. Thanks. I bet you can't replace the bulb and you have to buy the whole thing. Not that expensive though I suppose. There again it looks like a not very important light. Thanks everyone.
Except mine failed an MoT 'cos it wasn't working and the ba&*cards charged me for a complete lamp.:mad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
May 14, 2019
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2019
Good to hear that you have discovered that it just pulls off. I had the same problem but when I replaced the bulb it was still not working :(. I checked with a multimeter and found that the power was not getting through to the light. I have never found whether it was a fuse or some failure in the (difficult to access) cabling. I ended up splitting the cable for the light on the other side and powered both from the single supply. If anyone knows if there is a separate fuse I would be pleased to hear. If you find the same problem as I had, then the information about splitting the supply might be useful.

Upvote 0
Jan 22, 2013
Dorchester
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2010
We had the same light fail on our van. Used a extra thin paring knife from the cutlery drawer and the cover / lens twisted off with no damage. There were some loose bits inside which had to be refitted It was an ordinary torpedo shaped bulb similar to an interior light.
Don't forget to put the cover back on with the red lens showing to the rear. As if you don't know, obviously I got it wrong.
Surprisingly straitforward.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back