Shurflo Water Pump Running Constantly (9 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 13, 2024
Funster No
MH
Looking
Hi,

As the title says, water pump keeps running even when taps are off.
There was a few drips from the filter/sieve and some debris in the sieve that looks to have been a seal from somewhere. Tightened up the sieve and no more drips but pump still runs endlessly.
When the taps on I think it looks like air might be getting in somewhere too. Any suggestions about next steps? Do I need to go hunting through all the pipes looking for a leak?

Thanks

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Hi,

As the title says, water pump keeps running even when taps are off.
There was a few drips from the filter/sieve and some debris in the sieve that looks to have been a seal from somewhere. Tightened up the sieve and no more drips but pump still runs endlessly.
When the taps on I think it looks like air might be getting in somewhere too. Any suggestions about next steps? Do I need to go hunting through all the pipes looking for a leak?

Thanks
Yes on hot side normally.

Upvote 0
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
17 fun filled years
I would think it's dragging air in on the suction side if you dont have a leak on the pressure side.Try the little filter on the suction side, unscrew the plastic cup to see if there and cracks and make sure the O'ring is ok.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R
Feb 13, 2024
Funster No
MH
Looking
I would think it's dragging air in on the suction side if you dont have a leak on the pressure side.Try the little filter on the suction side, unscrew the plastic cup to see if there and cracks and make sure the O'ring is ok.
Ok that makes sense. Presumably the thing in the sieve that looked like a chewed up seal came from the suction side. Not obvious where it's from but will try and figure it out.
This is the pump and sieve if it's helpful.

PXL_20241003_093310485.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R
Feb 13, 2024
Funster No
MH
Looking
Could the thing in the sieve be it’s own seal breaking up?
Yes possibly. Just had a breakthrough. Tightened up the sieve as much as humanly possible and seems to have temporarily solved the problem. Will look to get a new seal soon.

Upvote 0
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
17 fun filled years
Ok that makes sense. Presumably the thing in the sieve that looked like a chewed up seal came from the suction side. Not obvious where it's from but will try and figure it out.
This is the pump and sieve if it's helpful.

View attachment 959879
Yes there is a thin O'Ring that should be seated inside the plastic clear part, it just unscrews. The Oring is orange in the photo.

Here it is on Amazon

Surflo strainer.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back