Shower pressure (3 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 2, 2024
West Lancashire District, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix
Hi all,
We have a new Adria Matrix 670DC but the shower is not brilliant and I know it will never be the same as home but checking with a mates who has the same vehicle his is more powerful so can you adjust the pressure slightly? I have removed the bottom draw below the sink and have what I think is the water pump and valve (see attached pics) and there is a central Phillips screw in the black valve, is this a pressure adjustment? Don’t want to turn it in case it’s not so any feedback would be more than welcome. Cheers

IMG_4816.jpeg

IMG_4817.jpeg

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Hi all,
We have a new Adria Matrix 670DC but the shower is not brilliant and I know it will never be the same as home but checking with a mates who has the same vehicle his is more powerful so can you adjust the pressure slightly? I have removed the bottom draw below the sink and have what I think is the water pump and valve (see attached pics) and there is a central Phillips screw in the black valve, is this a pressure adjustment? Don’t want to turn it in case it’s not so any feedback would be more than welcome. Cheers

View attachment 937883

View attachment 937884

Your pump looks to be a rebadged Shurflo Trailmaster pump.
The screw is a pressure adjustment, but it will not adjust to increase the maximum pressure, only the pressure at which the pump restarts to stop rapid pulsing of the pump.

OP
OP
M
Jul 2, 2024
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix
Your pump looks to be a rebadged Shurflo Trailmaster pump.
The screw is a pressure adjustment, but it will not adjust to increase the maximum pressure, only the pressure at which the pump restarts to stop rapid pulsing of the pump.
Ahh thank you and that may explain the sink and bathroom tap pulsing when first turned on and then run it on full for a few seconds and it stops pulsing but does it all over again when turned in next time? So if I turned this screw clockwise or anti-clockwise to stop the rapid pulsing?
Cheers

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Ahh thank you and that may explain the sink and bathroom tap pulsing when first turned on and then run it on full for a few seconds and it stops pulsing but does it all over again when turned in next time? So if I turned this screw clockwise or anti-clockwise to stop the rapid pulsing?
Cheers

Best leave as is, as turning the screw clockwise will increase the time between the pump stopping and starting, but this means that the pressure is dropped even further from maximum pressure before it restarts. Turning anticlockwise will maintain a higher delivery pressure but with very rapid pulsing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M
Jul 2, 2024
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix
Best leave as is, as turning the screw clockwise will increase the time between the pump stopping and starting, but this means that the pressure is dropped even further from maximum pressure before it restarts. Turning anticlockwise will maintain a higher delivery pressure but with very rapid pulsing.
Thank you once again and shall take it back to the dealer to sort out 👍

Jan 23, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Hi. Looks like the same pump we have on our Carthago. We had some problems with settings (surging, spluttering, overrunning, etc. )
Got a hold of this Shurflo manual which helped us understand the behaviour and adjustments.
Might be useful.

Attachments

• Pump.pdf
    979.9 KB · Views: 30
OP
OP
M
Jul 2, 2024
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix
Hi. Looks like the same pump we have on our Carthago. We had some problems with settings (surging, spluttering, overrunning, etc. )
Got a hold of this Shurflo manual which helped us understand the behaviour and adjustments.
Might be useful.
Thanks and I shall take a look and see what I can see? Did it manage to sort
Out the surging? Did it increase the water pressure without causing too much strain in the joints??

Jan 23, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Thanks and I shall take a look and see what I can see? Did it manage to sort
Out the surging? Did it increase the water pressure without causing too much strain in the joints??
Hi. It sorted the surging and go faster/go slower. It also sorted it overrunning when it was trying to get to switch off pressure. I think a marginal improvement in pressure from inning smoother at full flow. No adverse effects or leaks after. It did take a little trial and error to find the optimum settings. Since adjustment it has performed faultlessly for 2 years.
My only other suggestion is try to remember exactly how much you have adjusted (number of rotations of the screws) so you know where you started. We didn’t need to make massive adjustments to get it running well.
Hope this helps.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M
Jul 2, 2024
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix
Hi. It sorted the surging and go faster/go slower. It also sorted it overrunning when it was trying to get to switch off pressure. I think a marginal improvement in pressure from inning smoother at full flow. No adverse effects or leaks after. It did take a little trial and error to find the optimum settings. Since adjustment it has performed faultlessly for 2 years.
My only other suggestion is try to remember exactly how much you have adjusted (number of rotations of the screws) so you know where you started. We didn’t need to make massive adjustments to get it running well.
Hope this helps.
Thank you for the information and I will certainly record the number of 1/4 turns and see what happens 👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back